View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Eden is going donation free, at least for a while 
King

Post Eden is going donation free, at least for a while
This may sound a bit sudden, but after talking a bit with the rest of the staff, and because some interesting opportunity to reduce hosting costs appeared we're going to cut donations entirely.

The current server is paid until november 10th. So to be sure we don't make a bad step (new server will have the same specs, but we never know, specially with PSO). No One's "Eden II" with all his rebalance will be set up there so we can betatest both things at the same time.

In any case if donations ever come back we're not going back to the old (pick an item) format but we'll think on something else. Just for giving you an idea of things we thought, one of the things we've tlaked was on giving some sort of global boost (like a slight chance on drops for example) if certain ammount is achieved (to cover monthly costs) .

Finally and i think i talk for everyone who's been an admin here. Thanks for keeping Eden alive and don't worry because it will stay like this for a good while.

Update: We're not going to a cheaper/worse server if we move we'll maintain the same quality.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:53 pm
Lord

Post Re: Eden is going donation free, at least for a while
We're not going to lose ANY character data I assume?

Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:08 pm
Profile WWW
King

-C00- wrote:
We're not going to lose ANY character data I assume?

Nope. (Except a catastrophe or similar destroys both servers while doing the final data move, in that case you'll lose just a day, as i have external backups too) . The only catch is that if you play on the test server, that data won't be sent back to the normal "Eden". I guess No One will give some kind of reward to the betatesters but that's not for me to decide.

Update: Anyway eden rules kinda say

Quote:
Although we try to make things as enjoyable as possible, we cannot guarantee anything.

But honestly it would need some kind of big catastrophe for something bad to happen.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:12 pm
Lord

Good, last time I did this with a server all character data was lost and they didn't restore. I didn't like losing all of those hours I out into it.

I'm a good beta tester tho, I would love to do it.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:18 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]