View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:33 pm



Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Ready to rank up? 
Author Message
Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:11 pm
Posts: 74
Post Re: Ready to rank up?
I just wanna throw in my two cents. If you want to delete it to avoid conflict, I won't be offended.
You guys here at Eden are user friendly and actually listen to our ideas and concepts rather than disregard them, because you aren't Schthack that wants entirely
too "legit" rates and the same game that's been around for 11 years when a sequel is well on it's way.

Lee, I understand your point, but we, the community of Eden, are here because we enjoy one another's company and
finding drops at a reasonable rate. If players want something more challenging than Eden, but without the terrible PD economy of Schthack,
then they will take advantage of this event, while still allowing themselves to enjoy some PSO.

This event, in just a few hours, has already drawn a larger community than the past week or so.
There's nothing wrong with doing things that interest the players.

_________________
CG# 42003914 | 42004171
Bert - 18x RAcast | RA-unit 1 RAcaseal
Sange - 9x HUmar | Dousetsu - 15x HUneweral
Lionel-v1 - 12x HUcast | Justy - 11x RAmar
Kydd - 15x FOnewm | Irene - 12x Ramarl

http://event.edenserv.net/2012/me0/sig/ ... d=42003914
Bushie Boy wrote:
i could be a tea drinking priest who likes playing scrabble with my crumpet friends

Image


Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:52 pm
Profile
豆腐配達

Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:45 am
Posts: 1036
Location: England
Post Re: Ready to rank up?
Just wanted to say. Its not an event :P it'll be on the server for good so I would say feature.

_________________
Image


Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:06 pm
Profile
Champion

Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:39 am
Posts: 186
Post Re: Ready to rank up?
Kydd wrote:
I just wanna throw in my two cents. If you want to delete it to avoid conflict, I won't be offended.
You guys here at Eden are user friendly and actually listen to our ideas and concepts rather than disregard them, because you aren't Schthack that wants entirely
too "legit" rates and the same game that's been around for 11 years when a sequel is well on it's way.


amusingly for the most part edens drop rates are unchanged from the default rt files which both servers use.

secondly the schtserv client actually has more customization then eden's; and a lot of customisation to edens stuff anyway was done using my tools not all but a fair bit. Even their so called new rewards for this thing celestial saber and lunar ring (i assume these 2 for the ranks) where edited in using one of my tools.

third for someone who doesn't listen to the community when they have decent ideas we sure didn't increase newman matt limits or anything.

why do you try to make points like these which hold no weight? Try making some that have some truth to them like not wanting to play on 1x exp rates etc then i might listen to a single thing you say.

_________________
.


Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:52 pm
Profile
Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:19 am
Posts: 85
Location: Las Vegas Nevada
Post Re: Ready to rank up?
I personally like the idea. Since you keep most of your stuff it sounds like a new Game Plus sorta thing right?
CHALLANGE MODE
retain items only EXP is lower.
So when you are Down graded back to Level one this moves all your stats back down right? Does this also affect your items?
I mean to ask, what exactly does it affect? Just you level and stats or does it also hit your Weapon +'s and spell levels?

_________________
Jennifer hunewearl bluefull
Alexander Humar Green
spelling trouble: my I key is broken, so if I seem to miss that letter, then thats why X_X
Image


Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:04 pm
Profile
Champion

Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:39 am
Posts: 186
Post Re: Ready to rank up?
Karma wrote:
As of 3/24/2012, PSOBB Eden now has a rank system. There are three ranks, normal, advanced, and elite. To achieve the next rank, you must first reach level 200 of your current rank. You will then be able to use the new solo quest in episode 1, "Player Rank Up" (found at the bottom of the side solo quest menu) to move up to the next rank. What does this mean for you?

Your experience level will be reset to 1.
Your experience earned will reset to 0.
All of your materials will be reset, except for HP and TP materials.
You will retain all items and spells/spell levels.


If you are advanced, your XP rate will be 2x all the way to level 200.
If you are elite, your xp rate will be 1x all the way to level 200.

If you reach level 200 of the advanced or elite ranks, you may even find yourself being awarded with some very special items!

Feel free to post any questions, I know there's probably some unclear things about the process so don't hesitate at all to request clarifications or specific information.

Happy hunting, and special thanks to Tofu for making it all happen!

Did you even read the first post?

Also tofu lol -266 really? you know you can add textures and models to te index right ?

_________________
.


Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:08 pm
Profile
Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:19 am
Posts: 85
Location: Las Vegas Nevada
Post Re: Ready to rank up?
Lee wrote:
Karma wrote:
As of 3/24/2012, PSOBB Eden now has a rank system. There are three ranks, normal, advanced, and elite. To achieve the next rank, you must first reach level 200 of your current rank. You will then be able to use the new solo quest in episode 1, "Player Rank Up" (found at the bottom of the side solo quest menu) to move up to the next rank. What does this mean for you?

Your experience level will be reset to 1.
Your experience earned will reset to 0.
All of your materials will be reset, except for HP and TP materials.
You will retain all items and spells/spell levels.


If you are advanced, your XP rate will be 2x all the way to level 200.
If you are elite, your xp rate will be 1x all the way to level 200.

If you reach level 200 of the advanced or elite ranks, you may even find yourself being awarded with some very special items!

Feel free to post any questions, I know there's probably some unclear things about the process so don't hesitate at all to request clarifications or specific information.

Happy hunting, and special thanks to Tofu for making it all happen!

Did you even read the first post?

Also tofu lol -266 really? you know you can add textures and models to te index right ?


Yes in fact I did read the first post I'm asking about other changes such as Making sure stats go back to start and whether or not Weapons or Mags will be affected. My main worry is that you have played a quest, with a strong weapon equipped. You rank up and a glitch happens because your holding a weapon you cant use any more. Unless enemies also get stronger but I don't think that is the case. It is perfectly fine for me to Ask and make sure I understood something.
Better to ask a potentially stupid looking question then got caught looking like a fool with no weapon.
another thought. since the Ranks affect EXP increases does this mean the EXP rate will change for those of us who have not reached 200 yet? From what I remeber it goes 6x-4x then 2x judging by level.
Does this mean
First rank will always be 4x now or will lower non ranked chars still get the old 6x boost? Jennifer is my strong character but I also have my Humar and my Fone that im playing as well, both of whom are very low level still.

_________________
Jennifer hunewearl bluefull
Alexander Humar Green
spelling trouble: my I key is broken, so if I seem to miss that letter, then thats why X_X
Image


Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:47 pm
Profile
Champion

Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:39 am
Posts: 186
Post Re: Ready to rank up?
here i'll use common sense to answer this for you;

If a weapon takes 600 atp to equip and you lvl down to lvl 1 do you still have 600 atp to equip the weapon?

A valid concern would be items equipped at the time of leveling down due to the server goe checks, but I assume if he has half a brain he force unequipped all items on leveling the person back to level 1

_________________
.


Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:55 pm
Profile
Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:19 am
Posts: 85
Location: Las Vegas Nevada
Post Re: Ready to rank up?
Lee wrote:
here i'll use common sense to answer this for you;

If a weapon takes 600 atp to equip and you lvl down to lvl 1 do you still have 600 atp to equip the weapon?

A valid concern would be items equipped at the time of leveling down due to the server goe checks, but I assume if he has half a brain he force unequipped all items on leveling the person back to level 1


Both questions are valid due to the fact that its a character Revereting to level one. Since spell levels and hp/tp mats remain the same its a smart decision to ask and learn what else stays or changes. This is not a new character Lee this is an existing character reverting. It is ALWAYS smart to make sure and ask. After all some games may have it say LVL1 by your char but your char might stay the same as when you reverted.

_________________
Jennifer hunewearl bluefull
Alexander Humar Green
spelling trouble: my I key is broken, so if I seem to miss that letter, then thats why X_X
Image


Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:01 am
Profile
Champion

Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:39 am
Posts: 186
Post Re: Ready to rank up?
while i am of the opinion this is pretty much a rather intelligent idea, i've done far worse to char data on my own test servers and they survived without bugging out, as long as the code server side is done to a reasonable standard your chars and items will be fine.

_________________
.


Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:23 am
Profile
Master
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:19 am
Posts: 85
Location: Las Vegas Nevada
Post Re: Ready to rank up?
yeah sorry if I seemed defensive and stuff I just want t make sure stuff says cool that's all ^_^. The idea itself if it works to the way I'm guessing it will. The only real suggestion would be if Special quests or things become available based on what RANK you are. Which would give more real incentive besides the challange. I personally am a REAL sucker for stuff like this [See my Castlevania fandom] but even those had SPECIAL items or trophies you got for clearing stuff. ^_^.

_________________
Jennifer hunewearl bluefull
Alexander Humar Green
spelling trouble: my I key is broken, so if I seem to miss that letter, then thats why X_X
Image


Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:08 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.