View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Ready to rank up? 
God

Post Re: Ready to rank up?
well either way this is better than fuck all ... id rather have something to do than nothing and its as simple as that.

all i heard was flaps ...and ping pong balls from that bangkok dude errr i mean girl

my tradelist >>>> http://edenserv.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=747

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:46 am
豆腐配達

Well it would seem Lee is hell bent on ruining this thread.

All items are unequipped on ranking up.
The skins are placed in a spare slot but it also allows us to create AFP for skinners to import. I really don't see why it's a problem.

I've had enough. You think its rather intelligent. End of. I don't want to see any more posts like it.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:55 am
豆腐配達

sam6555 wrote:
All I can see people doing is ''OMG THIS IS AN AMAZING IDEA''

Then a couple weeks later ''Wow....this sucks...why the fuck did I do this?''

Think about it, you are playing the same char all over again from level 1 with your materials 0'd and even worse experience multiplier. Surely this should be all the other way round?

Think of it like a New Game+ mode in some games, Tales of Symphonia for example. You get to keep all your used Ex-Gems, all your titles and everything else. You even get the option to have your exp x2 or x10.

Ranking up isn't for you.
Why are you acting as if you're forced to rank up? Its optional. Everyone knows the conditions when ranking up. As if 1x exp is hard....

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:59 am
豆腐配達

sam6555 wrote:
I didn't say x1 exp is hard, do you really think scht would be so successful if x1 exp was hard?

Yes it is optional, but why would we do it for unconfirmed shiny things. Going by the prize lists that were for the MAS event it probably wont be worth it.

One of the biggest draws for this server, at least it was for me last February, is the experience multiplier.

I really don't see many smart (eden standards) people doing this...

You seem to be the only one with these opinions. If you have an idea for a reward(s) post them. Also with the last line... you are just sounding like a bit of a douche.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:26 am
Champion

tofuman wrote:

The skins are placed in a spare slot but it also allows us to create AFP for skinners to import. I really don't see why it's a problem.

I've had enough. You think its rather intelligent. End of. I don't want to see any more posts like it.

opinions, not a lot you can do about them mein fuhrer.

Did I say it was a problem? it just looked odd as hell when i saw it when adding to the index works anyway. I guess it's sega's fault update = full ep4 texture replace for no reason what so fucking ever yet they made most of the rest of the game modular enough using data and data.gsl to patch.

Honest question now:

If you had given the players the choice of ranking down to lvl 1, 3 times for a total of 600 level
or
extended or the level table to say 600 or so (obviously they kept their stats and equipment as is but exp can easily scale in a new table to reflect this).

Which option do you honestly think they'd have chosen. I'm only interested in tofu's answer just a fyi.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:28 am
豆腐配達

sam6555 wrote:
tofuman wrote:
sam6555 wrote:
I didn't say x1 exp is hard, do you really think scht would be so successful if x1 exp was hard?

Yes it is optional, but why would we do it for unconfirmed shiny things. Going by the prize lists that were for the MAS event it probably wont be worth it.

One of the biggest draws for this server, at least it was for me last February, is the experience multiplier.

I really don't see many smart (eden standards) people doing this...

You seem to be the only one with these opinions. If you have an idea for a reward(s) post them. Also with the last line... you are just sounding like a bit of a douche.

There's no point in suggesting anything, I have done this multiple times in the past with a reply saying ''I'll get around to it''

I gave up on playing on this server a very long time ago with that being one of the reasons.

I'm the only one with these opinions, yes probably. Everyone else is just happy to get something, no matter how good or bad it is.

Well If you had an idea sent it to me. I wouldn't ignore it. If its good I would likely be implement it. I'm also now not sure what the point of your rant is since you no longer play here...

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:50 am
豆腐配達

Lee wrote:
tofuman wrote:

opinions, not a lot you can do about them mein fuhrer.

Did I say it was a problem? it just looked odd as hell when i saw it when adding to the index works anyway. I guess it's sega's fault update = full ep4 texture replace for no reason what so fucking ever yet they made most of the rest of the game modular enough using data and data.gsl to patch.

Honest question now:

If you had given the players the choice of ranking down to lvl 1, 3 times for a total of 600 level
or
extended or the level table to say 600 or so (obviously they kept their stats and equipment as is but exp can easily scale in a new table to reflect this).

Which option do you honestly think they'd have chosen. I'm only interested in tofu's answer just a fyi.

Well as i've said its not a replacement for 200+ levels. To be honest I hadn't bothered looking into it. The 200+ levels would require additional difficulty (unless we restructured the difficulties normal, hard, very hard and Ult.). An additional ship/logon for the additional difficulty. We just don't have the population to justify it.

Also an opinion of it being rather intelligent just because you can implement 200+ levels is mosly trolling. So there is something we can do about it. Last time: Its not a replacement for 200+ levels...

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:56 am
豆腐配達

sam6555 wrote:
To try for something better/worth doing for the people that do play here. People put a lot of time into their characters for a reason. It shouldn't be all stripped like this.

So you think its wrong but have no suggestions? If so quit wasting my time having to read your posts.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:59 am
Champion

well my intention in that comparison was not that >200 gave you any more stats but just served as a sort of badge that everyone can see since you can set stupid amounts of exp tnl targets especially on the higher end. So essentially in this case they would be acting as the same thing. You probably know already that exp continues to count after you hit 200. This would make use of that.

The fact you dodged answering the question gives me the answer anyway.

No the opinion of it being rather intelligent is because it sends you backwards instead of progressing. Wonder what retardation means.

You don't need an additional ship / logon for an additional difficulty but i'll demonstrate that soon enough.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:02 am
豆腐配達

Like I said it was inspired by COD Prestige system. You start from the beginning however other players can see your rank. Just like COD you'll get ppl that rank up and ppl that don't.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next