View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
Guidelines for communicating with staff 
PROSPECTORS!

Post Guidelines for communicating with staff
Nothing personal against anyone in particular, but I've noticed some tendencies that are either slight pet peeves of mine or are generally less productive for everyone involved.

So, I'd like to make a post regarding communicating with me, and even with staff in general.

When communicating with a staff member via PM:
  • Make a CLEAR subject title. If you donate and contact me about a donation, put the word "donation" somewhere in your topic title. Leave NO suspense; I should know what to expect before I click on the message.
  • Do NOT use a one character subject line. I view the forums fairly zoomed out, so clicking on a single punctuation mark as the subject title can be very frustrating for me. Not to mention, I have no idea what the message will be about. (I promise this isn't directed at any single person - I've had MANY instances of people doing this.)
  • Try to be polite. I'm not here to screw you over. I really want to help you out, and I'll remain calm and polite even if you're yelling at me, but you'll certainly get a better response from me if you're polite!
  • If you're contacting me about donations, make sure to follow the format that I specified in the post. Include all the information so that I can figure out the best course of action (whether I should put it in your bank while you're offline or give it to you ingame).

That's pretty much it. I don't intend for this to sound like a rant, but rather some suggestions for when you PM me or any other staff member if you'd like nicer responses from us.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:56 pm
Rookie

Post Re: Guidelines for communicating with staff
Sounds good Karma =)

0blivion level 48 Hucast

My Tradelist: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2363
Just so everyone knows, my name is spelled with a zero :P

So experts finally came up with an unpassable maximum number.
I guess there was too much infinity going around.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:03 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]