View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:06 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Texture help 
King

Post Texture help
I wanted to make a new skin for seabed, nothing major really, i just need to swap the daylight version for the night one.
However, before doing so i decided to test the night one only, it's nice but the sky is horrible so i modified 2 textures that i think would fit nicely.

One is the main sky background, that one is up and running, the problem comes on the 2nd one.
I saw the sky texture on mass effect 2, i grabed it and with a little photoshop i made it look just like in the game, i resized the image to 512x512 and aplied to the game, unfortunatly like the clouds texture before, the image is way to transparent and i don't know hot to decrease it.

I am dealing with BMP images, is there a way i can mess with the alpha channel so the image won't be transparent?

Fri May 28, 2010 10:38 am
Profile WWW
extended rech

Post Re: Texture help
Well, I'm primarily a Photoshop (Elements 5 for life, at that), MSEX 5 and PSP 7 whore.

Also, I'm not aware of what bit depth/resolution/transparency, and, in this case, channels are to be messed with when it comes to PSO (WIP) So, wanna post the specs (of the texture) and I'll have a quick look and see if I can find anything for you?

I'm no pro at PSO graphics by any means, but in general I'm more than confident I know what I'm on with. XD

o says (15:58):
*I've been tempted to ban a few people in the past simply because I found them annoying.
"Reason for ban: Because I can't punch you in the face."

Give a girl the right shoes and she will conquer the world.

Fri May 28, 2010 5:20 pm
King

Wish i could help, but i have no idea about this stuff.

Hopefully anyone else can help.

Sorry Kireek :(

Fracks LVL 169
Tager LVL 114
Zoro LVL 22

GC: 42001796

Fri May 28, 2010 5:45 pm
King

File is map_jungle06_00s.xvm

The texture is the one with clouds and i'm trying to replace it with this one
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3995 ... fect23.png
(image shack converts to png but it's a bmp file i'm trying to replace)

I can replace it, but it stays with the same transparency wich is to much.

I simply use the method of opening both textures, i increase the clouds size to 512x512 and then i simply slam the new image on top and save, i do this so i can maintain the alpha channel

Sat May 29, 2010 5:19 am
Profile WWW
Rookie

Are you using vmt? I know you probably already checked, but do you have that "No transparency" box checked when you import the file?

Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:21 pm
Nobody did what? T.T

If the issue is that the alpha isn't working as you want it to, it could always be the way that PSOBB maps the texture...

With PS, you have the option to save it as a DDS file if you get a plugin for it and can then import it to the texture manager I believe, it's been a while since I've cracked open PS and I could be mistaken. However you need to have the setting saved by the plugin include alpha for it to work...when I have time, I do need to start skinning again...but anyways...

Increasing the size of a texture doesn't mean it will be bigger...I've tried making something from 64*64 to 512*512 and nothing changed...could be that the texture you're trying to change already has some settings applied to it when rendering it ingame...

Also, if it is any help, sometimes when skins have alpha and you import them, they have a black background...it could be that it is pulling a color as alpha and the transparency that is "too much" is just one of the background colors being pulled as transparency.

I don't know if this offers any help, but it is my thoughts...

Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]