View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Game Closing Unexpectedly 
Rookie

Post Game Closing Unexpectedly
Hello, I'm new to the server (but not PSO) and I am having some trouble playing.

My game closes unexpectedly after a seemingly random amount of time with no particular action related to the individual crashes. There is no error screen of any kind when this happen, the window simply closes. I have looked around on the forum and cannot find anyone else mentioning this problem. I have tried reinstalling (since that seems to be the solution suggested for others having problems) and the problem persists. Also, I have added all the executable files to my anti-viruses exception list. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

In case it helps, I have successfully played on other private servers before on this computer without encountering this problem.

Hope we can get this figured out. Your community looks great and the changes you made for your server seem up my alley. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I'm running the game from the Launcher.exe and using a 1920x1080 resolution. The HIres UI has been set either on or off and the problem happens either way.

Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:40 pm
Champion

Post Re: Game Closing Unexpectedly
I hope this isn't too obvious, but since it's not specified, you're sure it's not the auto-disconnect option?

Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:12 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie

I assume you mean the Auto Disconnect option in-game that boots you after a certain amount of idle time? If that is the case, then yes, I am sure. The window closing happens while I am playing the game. Sometimes it stays open for quite awhile (I've managed to get to 2-2 in the government question missions), but other times it will close before I am even out of the lobby. Just now it closed most of the way through quest 2-2.

Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:30 pm
豆腐配達

Can you check the application log with in event viewer for any messages. You may find something logged there.

Does it crash in fullscreen mode also? Also try launching the game without the launcher so that it uses PSOBB native resolutions to see if the problem still persists.

My initial thoughts are that there is an issue with DirectX. Something may be trying to hook the game causing it to crash. There is a log file in the PSOBB client which logs any DirectX issues.

You could also try updating DirectX, video card drivers and sound card drivers on your system to see if that helps.

Also some anti-virus software has behavior monitoring (ie AVG) which will block applications from running without any notification. So you could check your system for any such monitoring and add the client to the exceptions.

Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]