View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
I keep getting disconnected! 
Rookie

Post I keep getting disconnected!
I don't know what's wrong, I keep getting disconnected. I've got a screenshot but I can't upload it.

(No.100)
There's no connection available,
Please check your cable.
press Enter
01:Eden01-01

Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:27 pm
Profile YIM
Rookie

Post Re: I keep getting disconnected!
One of my friends keeps getting this issue as well. No idea why. I haven't had much issue with it myself luckily enough, but out of my entire group of friends I have the slowest internet while this one person with really high speed internet keeps getting disconnected. I think it's just kinda chance personally. Just make sure programs like Steam aren't sucking up all your bandwidth, see what programs are online, etc etc.

Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:37 am
Rookie

I've shut down everything except for PSO, added it as an exception in norton, disabled norton completely. I've checked my internet speed, it's fine. I've pinged the server, it works, and the average speed is fine. I wasn't getting disconnected this often on ultima, so I'm wondering if there's an issue with my download? Would it help if I redownloaded it all?

Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:28 pm
Profile YIM
Rookie

Redownloading and installing the server stuff now. I'm a little angry that none of the admins or anyone in power on the server even stopped by to offer advice in my help topic though.

Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:44 pm
Profile YIM
Champion

Did you get your hands on an ethernet cable? I thought it'd be a good way to troubleshoot.

Full picture: http://i59.tinypic.com/2z5ptg2.jpg

Ask me for my player profiles guide! Sent by PM with link
Now available in .docx and .pdf format! Updated 8/29/14

Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:03 am
The mother judge

Inexplicable DCing and crashing has often been solved in the past by reinstalling the game. Sorry your thread wasn't picked up on - likely due in part to it being the Christmas/New Year period.

Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:47 am
Rookie

Well, I tried reinstalling. It worked for a little while and then it didn't. The christmas quest isn't the only place I get disconnected, either.

I don't have any custom skins, or custom anything really.

Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:42 pm
Profile YIM
Rookie

It's still happening an awful lot. I went through and messed with the affinity and I set most things so that they were on one on my processors and pso was almost the only thing on the other processor. Still nothing.
There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to why I get kicked. I thought it was because my computer was overheating but even when PSO is the first thing I open up when I turn the computer on, I still get kicked. I can't figure out why.

I have no custom skins, I'm not cheating or hacking. The only thing I did was download it extract it to a file on my desktop that I named "Eden Pso". Literally nothing else to the files. I put the graphics down as far as I could get them.

This didn't happen as often when I was on Ultima. Any ideas?

Bare in mind I've done a LOT of troubleshooting with Iske and a bunch of other people. I've been getting annoyed because people say things like "It's your ram" without even asking what I've tried. I have 4 gigs of ram. It's not my ram. It's not my internet. The game works on ultima, it can't be my internet. I run a minecraft server out of my desktop. It's not my internet. I can't play pso on the desktop because the minecraft server is permanently on there.

I've reinstalled the game twice. It seemed to be better for a few hours but then it started kicking me again. I can't keep reinstalling it whenever I want to play, that would be ludicrous.

Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:00 am
Profile YIM
豆腐配達

if you could run a trace route from your system to the edenserv server it may show potential issues.

Open up command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd or Windows Key+R -> cmd)
In command prompt enter:
tracert ragol.edenserv.net

PSO tends to have issues if it takes more than 15 hops to reach the server. If it does take more than 15 hops it's likely an issue with the routing done by your ISP. You can call your ISP to rectify.

If you are using wireless it's worth testing using an ethernet cable.

Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:41 am
Rookie

A lot of people have brought of the ethernet cable but I can't use one. We only have one wired jack in our router and it's used out on NAS drive.

I'm not sure what exactly I'm looking for, but it says

*removed by Tofuman*

Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:17 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next