View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Soloing TTF (on ultimate) 
Champion

Post Re: Soloing TTF (on ultimate)
Show us, sensei.

Full picture: http://i59.tinypic.com/2z5ptg2.jpg

Ask me for my player profiles guide! Sent by PM with link
Now available in .docx and .pdf format! Updated 8/29/14

Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:34 am
Champion

Post Re: Soloing TTF (on ultimate)
I thank you all for your advice.

Via empirical evidence obtained via a playthrough as a racaseal, I learned the attack does damage around 1480 (not counting the damage from the green ball hitting you). This is obviously a problem for any character that isn't a cast, as HP doesn't regenerate as you stew in the cage.

I attempted another solo excursion while testing 3 strategies. I brought a scape doll, hauled ass before the green ball came out and equipped heavenly/hp x2. Outrunning it did not work. The damage done to my ramarl was approximately the same as when I used my racaseall, leading me to conclude DFP and resistances do not seem to affect the damage output.

I'd like to thank JPaps and Ryosuke for helping test this out. So for anyone looking to "out-tank" the attack, high HP is the best defense for an outrageous boss attack. Counting the damage from the green ball, you should have close to 1550 HP before it hits you. And I am hoping there is no "critical damage" version of this attack. In my tests, Vol Opt will sometimes be a jerk and attempt to do it over and over. In such a case, a trimate is far more effective than resta-ing your way to full health.

EDIT: Villain's technique 100% works. When you see Vol Opt rotate to the blue part of its machinery that releases the green ball, wait until it's semi close to you. Pull up the chat menu and run around in circles, as a gazelle would escape a lion by changing directions often. You won't win in a dash, but you can win with crafty maneuvering. May take practice. Bring H/HP as insurance.

Full picture: http://i59.tinypic.com/2z5ptg2.jpg

Ask me for my player profiles guide! Sent by PM with link
Now available in .docx and .pdf format! Updated 8/29/14

Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2