View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Game won't start after patch 
Rookie

Post Game won't start after patch
So I just recently downloaded the client. I boot up "online.exe" and it started just fine the first time, I logged in and installed the patch from "patch download" and it downloads and then says "Hit Enter to Exit", and I do so. I boot up the game again and when I hit "Start Game" from the launcher and it shows that it attempts to boot but then nothing happens. I've tried starting everything over again and same thing, once I download the patch update the game will simply no longer load for me...... Any ideas?

Sat May 31, 2014 7:40 pm
豆腐配達

Post Re: Game won't start after patch
When downloading the latest client you'll find a psobb.pat file in the path for PSOBB. You'll need to launch the game via online.exe and it will replace the current PSOBB.exe with the patched one. You may need to run online.exe as an administrator depending on where you've placed PSOBB. Or you could update the client manually by deleting the PSOBB.EXE and renaming PSOBB.PAT to PSOBB.EXE.

Sat May 31, 2014 8:17 pm
Rookie

I'm afraid it still doesn't work. It still fails to open after being patched and I do not see the pat file so I can manually patch it. psobb shows as a background process in my Task Manager but I cannot end it.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:49 am
豆腐配達

I suspect you have a really old client. Which isn't pointing to our servers anymore. Can you download the current client HERE and let me know if you still have issues with that?

Thanks.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:48 am
Rookie

I'm afraid it's still not working. The .exe says its from July of last year, and again, on the first startup BEFORE the patch it works fine, but once I download the patch it simply fails to load.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:36 pm
Master

Speaking from experience:
First, make sure your antivirus is not blocking the program (i.e. Add the game folder to exclusion list)
After that, make sure the psobb.exe is still in the game folder (in my case, my antivirus quarantined that)
If it still doesn't work, try deleting the whole game folder, disable your antivirus, and download the game again

If you still cannot get the game to run, then I don't know what else you can do.

SimaYi - FOmar - 152
Flandre - FOnewearl - 159

Account 2
B.Selena - RAcaseal - 152
GARcher - RAmar - 152
Celica - RAmarl - 152
terminator - RAcast - 133

Account 3
Yukina - HUnewearl - 110
BansheeNTD - HUcaseal - 113

Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:44 pm
Rookie

Ryosuke wrote:
Speaking from experience:
First, make sure your antivirus is not blocking the program (i.e. Add the game folder to exclusion list)
After that, make sure the psobb.exe is still in the game folder (in my case, my antivirus quarantined that)
If it still doesn't work, try deleting the whole game folder, disable your antivirus, and download the game again

If you still cannot get the game to run, then I don't know what else you can do.

Yeah I pretty much at a loss because I've done all that. The first time I run it (even after deleting everything and redownloading it) works fine, it's whenever I install the patch that the game never seems to work.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:54 pm
豆腐配達

Try running PSOBB.EXE as an administrator.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:01 pm
Rookie

Still doesn't work.....

Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:38 pm
豆腐配達

Try disabling your antivirus completely temporarily to rule out your AV causing the problem. If that fails if you haven't already try unpacking a new copy of PSOBB to your documents and then try launching the game from there.

Sun Jun 01, 2014 4:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next