View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Sodaboy's Tethealla server? 
Senior

Post Re: Sodaboy's Tethealla server?
Thanks.
I totally forgot that I also got the source of the servers.

I changed some stuff but oddly, nothing works. Neither editing the itempmt.bin or ini files changes anything about equipment, nor does changing the magfeed tables in the ship server actually do anything mag feeding.

I commented out all use of the FixItem function, thinking this would allow me to make stuff like Excalibur +99 or S-Ranks with hit, but it's still the same, I make something with /item that is not normal and the instant I pick it up, it gets fixed, abnormal grind and % simply disappear.

This stuff can't be server side, seems to me more like it's specified in the client data files and unlike I edit these nothing will change.
Or besides the obvious code, there are some cryptic hidden functions in the shop or even the other servers that keep me from doing what I want.

Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:32 am
色とりどり

You need to compress your itempmt.bin into prs format (the login server reads the prs file)
The ini files don't directly affect the stats that you see when you equip them, but they are used by the ship in other ways, such as being able to tell when to dc you.
As for it getting fixed, there are a number of things it could be. The client won't allow you to exceed what it has been sent for grinds (the login server sends it the data from the pmt file) S-Ranks with hit? You realize there is no byte in allocated to %s on s-ranks right? They are all taken up by the name.
You should be able to go up to 127 in %s as they are signed bytes. Also, ensure you are using /item correctly, it will 'auto-correct' you if you enter stuff illegally.
Also, keep in mind the login server has a function that will reset illegal items at login.

The magfeed tables in the server are for the server-side values, you won't see the effects in the client until you relog or change blocks. If you want to change the client values, you'd need to actually edit your client.

Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:15 am
Senior

Thanks a lot, that clears up a number of things.

Edit:
Does anyone know how to properly debug the ship server?
For god knows what reason I always get the error that the ship.ini is found despite it being in the debug directory.
I tried debugging the code where it loads the file but I am used to C# code, not cryptic C and thus I only get confused.

The mags are confusing as f***!
I thought I haxed up some convenient function to feed a single item for a finished mag with 3 pbs and a specific result.
But somehow it is not working properly. Somehow I feed one item > the mag type changes and nothing else.
Oddly at first it only changed stats (I fixed up the feeding tables for instant lvl 200 with my desired stats) but not the type.
And either way if I feed a 2nd item, the mag turns into a lvl 0 blank mag without any stats.
Despite my adding if statements that the functions to evolve the mag or even check if to evovle the mag only get called if the mag lvl is below lvl 200.

Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:04 am
色とりどり

Megidolaon wrote:
Thanks a lot, that clears up a number of things.
Edit:
Does anyone know how to properly debug the ship server?
For god knows what reason I always get the error that the ship.ini is found despite it being in the debug directory.
I tried debugging the code where it loads the file but I am used to C# code, not cryptic C and thus I only get confused.

Visual studio checks for dependencies in the project directory, not the debug directory. Move your server files there and it should work.

As for the mags... debug :D

Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:01 pm
Senior

I forgot to say but, I did that.
I'm a C# programmer and this is exactly why I am so confused.
The file is there, no problem. Hell, there is one in the executable directory as well as one in a subdirectory called 'ini'.
The same file I copied from the directory where I copied a compiled ship_server to and where everything works just fine.

Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:14 pm
色とりどり

In that case, add them to your Resource Files in the solution explorer.

Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:35 pm
Senior

Can't do that with VS Express.
But I fixed the problem, for some reason I had to provide absolute paths.

And FINALLY I fixed the mag problem.
I skipped the other functions and did all the stuff in the Feedmag function.
Now feeding a lvl 5 mag a single item will first reset it to lvl 0, then apply my desired stats and make the mag into the type I want.
Going with Flowen's skin on my humar so I got a Gael Giel.

Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:04 pm
Rookie

i also have a problem with the localhost exe as soon as i open it it crashes, but i can play on scht just the localhost is not working, any advise?

Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:41 am
色とりどり

Does it immediately crash when running it from your scht directory?

Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:23 pm
Rookie

yes, as soon as i open it.

Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next