View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Security violation?! 
Lord

Post Security violation?!
Good evening, folks. I am here to post a personal issue I am having with my local server which I am currently trying to make go online so that other people can connect once I simply give them my altered exe. Now, before we get any further into this, let me assure you that I've consulted external help from a few people before hand. Are my ports open? Are the right ports opened? Do I have the correct IPs written in tethealla.ini and ship.ini? Did I not confused my default gateway to my internal IP (IPv4)? Is my firewall allowing everything? Are any miscellaneous programs I have (such as MSE or MBAM) allowing everything? The answer is: Yes. I've checked and double checked, and even went out of my way to do ass backwards things that I knew wouldn't even work just for the sake of experimenting and blind luck. Was a bit unnecessary, but nothing still. I've been through this for days, not to mention. I can't see to find the solution to the security violation message I get from the login screen. By that logic, it has something to do with the Login Server folder, especially since there is a security.dat file in there. But I'm not exactly sure what the problem is. I've done everything accordingly, and I still don't get why this appears. When other people try to connect, they get a client/server desynchronization error. And just to top it off, I'm using Tethealla Version 1.25.10, but I really doubt that has anything to do with it as I've connected to other ships with different versions. If there's any kind of help or advice I could have... it would be nice.

ImageMAGANEGE: HUcaseal Level 170+
ImageDr. Tank: RAcast Level 200+
Account 2:
ImageKeimu: RAmarl 110+
ImageWhithette: FOmar 90+
ImageAltieri: FOnewearl 190+
Image: RAmar 30+

Click here for my Certificate
Credit goes to japanaman2 for making

Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:29 pm
Lord

Post Re: Security violation?!
PUT UP A FIREWALL!!

Oh wait, wrong idea. Sorry.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:40 pm
Profile WWW
King

I haven't looked at the login protocol in ages (that happened to me once when i tried to make a small python app that logged into the ship) but it was something along these lines: The server gives you a pair of values when connect to it, it later requests those values (for example when you switch from login to shipgate). So if those values are incorrect it displays that error.

Short version: try another exe or give a shot on cleaning the security data table.

Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:03 pm
Lord

Clearing the security data table? What does that mean, exactly? I know that I can perhaps open up security.dat in a hex editor, but is that even what you're referring to?

Edit: Where can I get a new exe, not to mention? There's a Tethealla 1.25.13, isn't there? Is that what you mean? if so, I have no idea where to get it.

Account 2:

Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:20 pm
King

Namakemono wrote:
Clearing the security data table? What does that mean, exactly? I know that I can perhaps open up security.dat in a hex editor, but is that even what you're referring to?

Edit: Where can I get a new exe, not to mention? There's a Tethealla 1.25.13, isn't there? Is that what you mean? if so, I have no idea where to get it.

Second part no idea, first one, you're using the nosql one? >.<

Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:51 pm
Lord

Right on. Dot dat. Nosql like a baws... is that my problem? I bet it is. But it still doesn't explain how other people could get connection while using the nosql version. Also, don't mind the executable problem. Found it. But despite that, still get a security violation as I figured.

Account 2:

Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:22 pm
King

Namakemono wrote:
Right on. Dot dat. Nosql like a baws... is that my problem? I bet it is. But it still doesn't explain how other people could get connection while using the nosql version. Also, don't mind the executable problem. Found it. But despite that, still get a security violation as I figured.

Mostly guessing but try to delete (make a backup) on the security.dat or replace it with a vanilla nosql teth? I'm quite at loss, guess it's been too much time :P

Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:39 pm
Lord

I tried deleting it before, but it only gave me a client/server desync error. As for replacing it with a fresh one... I think that happens when you make a key. Or maybe not, I'm not even sure how it gets there, initially. There's no security.dat inside the zip file for the nosql zip file. I assume it creates itself once you set up a server.

Account 2:

Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]