View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
I can't connect; 903 strikes again. 
Rookie

Post I can't connect; 903 strikes again.
I've looked around the forum, and tried various solutions, but I can't seem to get into the game. I am using windows firewall and microsoft security essentials. I couldn't find a rule in the firewall disallowing pso so I added a rule to allow it. It's now an excluded file and process on mse. I changed the .exes when instructed to do so, but I am not sure if I have the latest ones. I've also been running as administrator.

I exited hamachi when I saw another post mentioning it as a problem, and I was able to patch, I think. I saw some progress bars and a mention of a christmas event. But after that was done and I hit enter for it to exit, I haven't been able to connect since. Neither PSOBB.exe or online.exe will work.

Mon May 20, 2013 7:02 am
Lord

Post Re: I can't connect; 903 strikes again.
Reinstall the game or de-download the game. The 903 error is because of the Gameguard folder for whatever reason, and I dont know why it does this, but some times when it stops downloading the client, the client does not create all of the game guard files for the folder. And when you go to install it, it doesn't install all the correct files.

So my advice, in case you like to TL;DR everything: Reinstall the game, and if that doesnt work, re download the entire gaming client folder.

Mon May 20, 2013 7:04 am
Profile WWW
Rookie

Just to be certain, the files on this page: http://edenserv.net/download are current, right? I tried reinstalling and then redownloading the client and installing again, and neither worked.

Mon May 20, 2013 8:33 am
God

link to working eden client
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31272729/psobb.rar

If you are using an anti virus program make sure psobb's root folder is on the exceptions list.

Dr. Frasier Crane wrote:
"Lazy-guy. I wonder what they call the deluxe model? The hopeless slack-ass?"

Mon May 20, 2013 9:16 am
Rookie

I added the pso folder to the exceptions list of microsoft security essentials, and am using the psobb.exe from that rar. Still no luck.

Mon May 20, 2013 11:01 am
Senior

I just got this error myself. And i've been running PSO fine for a few weeks now...I'm gonna restart my computer and try a few things before i make a topic.

Edit - Tried one last time after this post and it worked -_-

Wizard's Sixth Rule - The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason
Wizard's Seventh Rule - Life is the future, not the past
Wizard's Primordial Rule - Seek the truth not through others, but through yourself

Mon May 20, 2013 11:05 am
豆腐配達

Have you got hamachi installed? if so disable it via msconfig, reboot and try connecting again.

Mon May 20, 2013 12:58 pm
Rookie

It worked, awesome. Thank you for the help. Hamachi is more insidious than I realized.

Mon May 20, 2013 6:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]