View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:28 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
Photon Drop Rates? 
Senior

Post Photon Drop Rates?
What are the Photon Drop Dropping Rates on Eden? They seem to drop less often than I remember them to back on Gamecube - I've received 2 within the time spent getting from Level 1 to 67, compared with the dozen Red boxed rares, dozens of materials and one amplifier.

Maybe my memory is serving me incorrectly, but I remember getting up to 2, maybe more, in a single quest run through something like Lost Heat Sword, on the Gamecube version.

One more question - how much would I need to pay for a hitless Principal's Gift Parasol, hitless Spread Needle and a V501 - I can't hunt for either one on my ID, so I'd need to buy both off of other players. Just an estimate, I can't imagine they'd cost me a fortune. But that's the main reason I'm stressing over PD, so it would ease my mind a tad.

Not whining, just wondering.

EDIT: Meant to post this in "general", not "help", so if any forum moderator can move this topic, would be appreciated by me.

HE RETURNS! GC: 42004720

Old Characters (RIP).

Aya - RAmarl - Lv. 171
Letty - HUnewearl - Lv. 130
Sakura - FOmarl - Lv. 112

Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:25 pm
Nobody did what? T.T

Post Re: Photon Drop Rates?
Rates here might be different than they'd be on GC. Off the top of my head, I don't know the exact rates, but I can assure you that they do drop from enemies (got pd'd by a morfos last night -_-), and boxes, from all my PW3 box runs. They seem to be more prevalent in Ultimate mode than on earlier difficulty modes.

As for the other half of your question, I think you saw it in the chatbox XD

Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:41 pm
Senior

Ah, well, I'd imagine that the rates here be entirely different as this is BB, didn't factor that in.

Difficulty explains a lot, as I've been doing Hard Mode for the most part. I'll be patient and wait!

Thanks for the help.

Old Characters (RIP).

Aya - RAmarl - Lv. 171

Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:55 pm
Master

Woo hoo, I have a competent answer for this question!

Rates for PDs should be the exact same as GC, give or take a few things. As a tool drop, PDs have a rate of about 15/10000 on Normal, 20/10000 on Hard, and 50/10000 on Vhard (for Ep1). Since roughly 1/3rd of all enemy drops should be tool drops, you would get about a 1/600 drop rate for PDs on Vhard from enemies (keep in mind that this doesn't take into account the DAR of enemies, which varies depending on what the enemy is).

Boxes are a little different and you would expect to see roughly 1/10 of boxes dropping a tool in Vhard, and therefore about a 1/20000 drop rate of PDs from boxes (for Vhard).

The boosted rates for Happy Hours as well as boosted rates in general don't apply towards PD drops since they're a "common" drop and are thus unaffected by any rate boosts.

Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:58 pm
Senior

thank you for the informative answer, didn't think the rates were *that* high.

I guess finding dozens of junk rares before a PD makes sense as things like gigobooma's arms are 1/64 and varista is 1/37, on vhard Whitill Forest, while Photon Drops are a whopping 1/10,000.

Once I hit ult I'm sure I'll find more, so I can finally buy that barrier for this amplifier I'm holding (you can still get them in Gallon's Shop, right 0_o), and maybe a few other things too ;)

Thanks for the swift replies, both of ya. Thread can be closed, I guess.

Old Characters (RIP).

Aya - RAmarl - Lv. 171

Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:31 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 5 posts ]