View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 12:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Were to start.. 
Senior

Post Were to start..
Friend of mine has been wanting to try out pso for awhile now, having played zero and the like on his ds. I pointed him over here to eden (shoved more like it) in the hopes that we could slay some rappys together and bond through the camaraderie. It seems however, that his computer has a full blown case of the retards and does not want to play the game. He is running windows 7 ultimate and does have a virus protection program but has fiddled with it and said it has never interfered with and other private server or game he has ever played. Now to the problem. I got him to try the installer because I thought it would be easiest and when he tried to open the PSOBB.exe file..... and nothing happened. After a few seconds a windows screen popped up saying that "PSO is not responding blah blah would you like to close?" I thought this weird and was thinking the installer was acting up on his computer. I then sent him to the manual download section and he did it that way....... same thing. Now I think i went though here thoroughly and didn't find anything that pertained to this problem and here we are. Now if I happened to miss something on the forum that is related to this please feel free to verbally abuse me, but leave the link so's my friend and I can happily murder defenseless creatures.

Sincerely,
Like i'm going to put my name here along with my credit cards and S.S. number so you can steal it intranets.

P.S. We are in no hurry as he is taking finals for college atm. (although personally i feel this to be more important than some fancy shmancy piece of paper.)

Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:30 pm
Rookie

Post Re: Were to start..
Windows 7 Ultimate here, I've had no problems though after the first time I booted the game and quit, starting the game from "online.exe" launcher would freeze, but bypassing the launcher with PsoBB.exe would fix that. Definitely not the Operating System at fault, here.

I could think of a few things you could try. Running as administrator (even if it's on an admin login), making sure there are no antivirus presets interfering (e.g. avast! or AVG being set to deny certain functions of programs without asking on a program-to-program basis), re-downloading and making sure everything is set up correctly from scratch. Could be a rare corrupt file or some anomaly making something go horribly wrong.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:46 am
Senior

Just tried the aforementioned options and nothing worked.

Edit: Also just found out he's on a laptop, dunno if that's relevant at all though.

Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:07 pm
Rookie

The only thing I could think of is that perhaps if he has an integrated graphics processor rather than a real card it could be having issues.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:03 am
色とりどり

Get him to add the pso directory to his antivirus ignore list and see if that helps.
If not, I'll come up with something else for him to try.

Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:12 pm
Master

Try using the ONLINE icon rather than the other icons, ok it takes you to the menu and you can start from there so it takes an extra few mouse clicks but its worked for me on every operating system i have used with no issues whatsoever. O and not wanting to be too pedantic but it's "WHERE" not "WERE".

I hope this helps!

Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:44 am
Profile YIM
Senior

Unfortunately we tried that, and it didn't work. Something weird though, when he uses the PSOBBXP.exe it opens up the game to the log in screen and it takes him to the update screen, it always updates and closes the program. I think this shows that his anti-virus software isn't interfering and it might be another problem.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:58 pm
Rookie

Its 100% your anti virus. Anti is fucking stupid.

Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:11 pm
King

Clessy wrote:
Its 100% your anti virus. Anti is fucking stupid.

Most likely, alot of anti-viruses, pull up fake warnings and block alot of actions of programs.

Like was said, either add it as an exception, or disable it when you play PSO.

Failing that.... I'm not so sure.

Fracks LVL 169
Tager LVL 114
Zoro LVL 22

GC: 42001796

Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:21 am
extended rech

Well, AV has been suggested numerous times and it's been said taking such actions yields no result.

So let's rule out AV issues for now. =3

o says (15:58):
*I've been tempted to ban a few people in the past simply because I found them annoying.
"Reason for ban: Because I can't punch you in the face."

Give a girl the right shoes and she will conquer the world.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next