View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
No resolution options in drop down 
Rookie

Post No resolution options in drop down
When I go into 'Options' to check off the windowed mode, I can't save it because there is no resolution selected. I can't select a resolution, the drop down is empty. I've changed the Colors option form 16-bit to 32-bit, I've changed the Graphics from Normal to High and Low end, tried the advanced options and nothing. No changes I make are saved because I can't select a resolution. Is anyone else having this problem?? FYI I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium on an HP Pavillion DM4-1063cl and I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5450 video card. I tried using the -window command after the .exe however that doesn't help in the least. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, a screenshot of the offending blank resolution drop down.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:01 am
extended rech

Post Re: No resolution options in drop down
Did you go into your display settings and change resolution/monitor selected, then try?

o says (15:58):
*I've been tempted to ban a few people in the past simply because I found them annoying.
"Reason for ban: Because I can't punch you in the face."

Give a girl the right shoes and she will conquer the world.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:15 am
Rookie

I've changed my display resolution and it still won't let me select a resolution in the drop down. I'm not particular about the resolution the game runs in, however I can't save any changes to the options without having selected a resolution and I'd really like to run it in windowed mode so I can alt+tab to my hearts content.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:22 am
God

How about the obvious "Run as Administrator" option? Even if UAC's off try it, PSO does fun things if one skips that step.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:16 pm
Rookie

Running as Administrator doesn't fix it, I also tried running it under Windows Vista and Windows XP compatability mode, still no dice.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:10 pm
God

*cough* Reinstall? That tends to have more effect.

Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:45 pm
Rookie

I reinstalled and still the same issue.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:17 am
Senior

hmm, I have Windows 7, I got game set to window view, and I can still save the options I have, creepy, I had never seen it happen before

Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:23 pm
Profile WWW
豆腐配達

It happens with some laptops. If i remember correctly its when you either are using VGA/DVI out or when its enabled. If you aren't using VGA/DVI look in the video card settings and disable VGA/DVI then try.

Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:17 pm
Rookie

Hello everyone I found the fix for this issue .....that is if you have not figured it out by yourselves....anyway it seems the problem is with laptops that use shared video memory in combination with dedicated graphics card...For example I have an ATI Radeon 6300 series card (dedicated) with ATI Radeon 4200 serious card (shared memory)....This is how my laptop came from HP ....Anyway just go into device manager and disable the shared card to get PSOBB to read the graphics card appropriately....make sure you disable the shared card and not the main card.....Then after you re-open Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst go into options and the resolution should be available....Now make sure you save game configuration and please make sure you re-enable your shared card. Once you save game configuration correctly you wont have to go through this process again

Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:01 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next