View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Accessing the broken Challenge Mode? 
Champion

Post Re: Accessing the broken Challenge Mode?
there are problems with challenge mode anyway. I may as well outline some of them:

*The server needs to know the equipment sets of the starting chars (just like battle rules) currently it doesn't.

*The exp multiplications are not set.

*The drops controlled by he itempt are neither implemented correctly nor implemented to load the right file at all for challenge mode.

*Episode 1 Challenge mode the server has no idea which enemy has just been killed, it has no way to determine which mid belongs to what because of randomly generated waves.

*Graves are not implemented.

*The award code for the srank items to allow them to be received is not in place.

*The status window for the challenge mode user data which shows times when the user selects a stage is not implemented

That's all i can remember off the top of my head but there is not point accessing it unless you know how to fix some of these issues, otherwise you are just going to d/c yourself the first time you try to drop or pickup an item or kill an enemy.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:28 pm
Rookie

hmm well thanks for the replies. Yeah i figured it would be pointless, especially for someone like me who hasn't got a clue what they're doing, I was just curious really to have a poke around.

It's just a shame that nobody who has better knowledge is willing to pick this up, especially if it would only take a couple of weeks or so to implement (or was that just on SCHT? Soda's code is probably a lot less familiar). I know there are a lot of people who want it.

I'll keep messing with it and trying to teach myself what I'm doing but I don't really expect to get very far for quite a while, if ever. It will give me something to do as a new hobby though, learning C++ language lol. We all have to start somewhere I guess. Anyway if I ever did get anywhere with it then I'll post straight back, i'm sure i'm wasting my time trying though.

Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:10 pm
Rookie

Well I have a bit more understanding of the basics now. I've been looking round the net though and I wanna try using SPSOF on my local offline server, just to mess around with a few things and make stuff like $teammate to spawn npcs so i dont need to have two psobb's running at the same time while I'm messing with challenge stuff.

Any ideas how to set up SPSOF on a local teth server though? There's a few topics round the net asking about it but nothing very useful. From what I understand you need to change the encryption keys and modify the initialization procedure to be like the Tethealla server, but I have no idea how to do that to be honest. i've got the 3.38 source from pioneer2.net, just need a bit of help editing it (been as I'm still somwhat of a noob).

Choko I think posted on pioneer2.net (at least someone with the same username did) saying that u need to change the encryptions. Hoped you could elaborate a little bit? ;)

Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:36 pm
色とりどり

Mind handing that over?
I don't have it anymore.
Once I have it, I can get it working for you with what I've uploaded here.

Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:08 am
Rookie

Hey Choko, the 3.38 source is still up on pioneer2.net been as Soda brought the site back up in read only mode. It's just in the downloads section under SPSOF. That's where I got it from a couple days ago. If you had a problem downloading it then I can send it you no problem, but it should still be up on there.

If you could get it working for a local server then I'd be eternally in your debt, might help me learn a thing or two looking through for the stuff you changed as well lol. Let me know if you have any trouble getting the files and I'll send em your way though, I have a whole folder full of teth stuff been as I started mad downloads of it all when I found out pioneer2 was going down.

Let me know your progress :D

Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:26 am
Rookie

Choko, have you had any luck with SPSOF? Did you manage to get the files and stuff ok? Just wondering if you've been too busy or anything.

Thanks for the input.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:56 pm
色とりどり

I managed to obtain the files. I haven't had the time to take a look at it yet.
There is a chance that I won't be able to get around to this (or anything else for that matter) for awhile. Just thought I'd let you know in case it happens.

Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:17 pm
Rookie

Ok, thanks for letting me know. Ill have a mess around with the files myself but I doubt I'll get anywhere. If I don't have any luck then I'll ask again on this thread in a couple months or so, see if your not so busy. I'll try not to pester you too much though heh

Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2