View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
HANDBAGS AT DAWN 
King

Post Re: HANDBAGS AT DAWN
Pretty much all the good stuff has been taken, also there's one more duel to fight (keeping a couple of things by for that). Whatever is left after everyone has had their prizes goes to the lads (Fappers). Generally when i'm handing out these prizes i will talk to the person and throw an extra item or two in, and thats probably why all the good stuff is gone haha. This is a giveaway so it's not a typical event, calling it half-arsed is being generous.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:50 am
Lord

Meh, you sort of play mind games though when you don't completely remove the prize pool part of the first post; just interesting how fast events have passed...

It just does not even feel pseudorandom anymore especially after that new prize pool has been posted. Well, at least I kept the original post with the first edition of the prize pool for educational purposes.

Click Show to view my characters in the game.
Guildcard: 42003313
Celeste : FOnewearl
Ryoko : RAmarl
Krunk : HUcast
Hitman : RAcast

Guildcard: 42003320
Ringo : HUnewearl
Cora : RAmarl
Snake : RAmar
Patty : RAcaseal

Guildcard: 42003323
Genie : FOmarl
Napoleon : FOnewm
Turkish: FOmar
Sinow Zoe : HUcaseal
Enter The Black Market

Skype Username: dewsibex

Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:04 am
King

Not quite sure what you are getting at here. Yes the way handing out prizes was biased (if thats what you mean by pseudo random) i did let people choose what they wanted on some occasions. I have to remind you again that i never said this was gonna be fair to anyone (anything i did promise to anyone, they got it), this was gonna be a straight up giveaway and even now you can't call it an official Eden event. I'm not a GM/Admin here, i'm not constrained by the rules they are. i didn't have to do this, i could have canceled it half way through if i really wanted, i could have gave you all a monomate or a secret ticket each for participating lol.

If i did do a straight up giveaway then only a couple of people would have gotten all my stuff, this way it at least it spreads it about a little and gives some folk a little pvp fun (i hope).

Edit: Reposted the prize pool but i don't see why, it's pretty much all gone.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:46 pm
God

As far as I'm concerned the way this was run was more than acceptable because as Doc bluntly and truthfully said he didn't have to do or give you, me or anyone shit, The gear that folk did get ( For not half arsing about for weeks to come on ) was pretty damn bloody good... So Doc personally I'd call the "Event" quits now so more people don't gripe about it, Thank you for the laugh's none the less.

all i heard was flaps ...and ping pong balls from that bangkok dude errr i mean girl

my tradelist >>>> http://edenserv.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=747

Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:45 pm
Local GM

Villain wrote:
and gives some folk a little pvp fun (i hope).

Yeah it gave me fun for sure :p
Bushie is damn too good at rock paper scissor XD

Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:19 pm
Lord

Well, I was wondering how the "Show" button malfunctioned, but that doesn't matter. All that matters here is that was the fun mind game I was mentioning; I most likely wasn't the only one wondering why that button didn't work previously. (Was that button working or was something else not working.... This experience? Never mind that!)

You may plead fallibility since we appear to have brought ourselves in quite an uncomfortable situation due to miscommunication.

What I wish to be clear about is that the rules definitely changed from day one, but what actually attracted my attention was how that affected the distribution of prizes.

My question then is this: "If the players and battles were decided upon by chance, and if the early birds earned them (despite win/loss ranks attributed in colors), then why change the distribution of prizes for the late bloomers?

I thought you would have kept handing out your stuff without limit to these early birds, but I understand that some of us came late to your show Docta. Also, I dislike how I was unable to see your contradictions concerning prizes (Was that edited out, or did I miss a meeting?) until you two decide to come back at me and "repeat" that cautionary clause almost after the fact that this whole PVP thing finished, and feel satisfied that you guys kind of used the rod against me well. Funny really, I laughed after I read gripe from BushieBoy's last post.

However you answered that, how do you expect me and others to just not ask that and not even care about that? I mean yes, you didn't have to do any of this and simply keep playing with us, but you didn't have to randomize some prizes and "not do that" to the early birds for whatever reasons (Perhaps, the reasons that are part of the answer to my main question; moving on then.)

Anyways, let me know what you think; I definitely was not clear on that last post. I mean it was simple back then; just battle and talk to Docta for prizes, right?

Anyways, I'm just curious: why'd you leave again?

PS: Thanks for repairing that "Show" Button.

Click Show to view my characters in the game.
Guildcard: 42003313
Celeste : FOnewearl
Ryoko : RAmarl
Krunk : HUcast
Hitman : RAcast

Guildcard: 42003320
Ringo : HUnewearl
Cora : RAmarl
Snake : RAmar
Patty : RAcaseal

Guildcard: 42003323
Genie : FOmarl
Napoleon : FOnewm
Turkish: FOmar
Sinow Zoe : HUcaseal
Enter The Black Market

Skype Username: dewsibex

Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:35 pm
King

roronoa58 wrote:
Villain wrote:

I'm sure Bushie was more interested in the scissoring part.

Villain wrote:
Well, I was wondering how the "Show" button malfunctioned, but that doesn't matter. All that matters here is that was the fun mind game I was mentioning; I most likely wasn't the only one wondering why that button didn't work previously. (Was that button working or was something else not working.... This experience? Never mind that!)

You may plead fallibility since we appear to have brought ourselves in quite an uncomfortable situation due to miscommunication.

What I wish to be clear about is that the rules definitely changed from day one, but what actually attracted my attention was how that affected the distribution of prizes.

My question then is this: "If the players and battles were decided upon by chance, and if the early birds earned them (despite win/loss ranks attributed in colors), then why change the distribution of prizes for the late bloomers?

I thought you would have kept handing out your stuff without limit to these early birds, but I understand that some of us came late to your show Docta. Also, I dislike how I was unable to see your contradictions concerning prizes (Was that edited out, or did I miss a meeting?) until you two decide to come back at me and "repeat" that cautionary clause almost after the fact that this whole PVP thing finished, and feel satisfied that you guys kind of used the rod against me well. Funny really, I laughed after I read gripe from BushieBoy's last post.

However you answered that, how do you expect me and others to just not ask that and not even care about that? I mean yes, you didn't have to do any of this and simply keep playing with us, but you didn't have to randomize some prizes and "not do that" to the early birds for whatever reasons (Perhaps, the reasons that are part of the answer to my main question; moving on then.)

Anyways, let me know what you think; I definitely was not clear on that last post. I mean it was simple back then; just battle and talk to Docta for prizes, right?

Anyways, I'm just curious: why'd you leave again?

PS: Thanks for repairing that "Show" Button.

Alright, the show button was always working (if you mean it being empty since the last day or two) i just deleted the remainder of the prizes cos there was only one duel left.

I'm not uncomfortable about the situation, would take a lot more than that to make thinks uncomfortable for me haha. I'm not really pleading fallibility (even though all humans are fallible), i don't think i made a mistake, i set out to have a casual wee event and whoever gets what they get then thats just the way the cookie crumbles. The event went the way i intended it, even if unfair haha, first come first serve.

Aye the rules did chop and change, what can i say, i suck at this kind of thing. Good thing i am not an admin/gm. As for the way the prizes were distributed, the folk who showed the most enthusiasm (battled first) got the best pick.

Again, the ones who battled first got the best pick, the prizes weren't really changed for the late duels, there is just a lot less there to give to you. I was gonna just close the event cos some were taking too long.

There was limits for what early duelers could get, i even denied a request or two just so there was stuff for the other players, even if little interest was shown by some. I understand folk have lives, we all do, 10 seconds to post you don't have the time right now and i would have given you something even if you didn't fight. I'm just simply answering your questions here, it's just talk so its all good, no malice.

You're probably right, i could have distributed the prizes better but i'm a lazy bastard, first come first serve but everyone is guaranteed at least something. It could have been worse lol, was planning some evil bullshitty stuff for people to do so you all got off lightly. Making it pvp meant even a new player at level 1 on Eden could have participated and got something.

What i think is, it's all good, you may have a little gripe about the half-arsed event (can't blame you wholly) but you weren't a dick about the way you posted it so fair play. Pretty much battle and talk to me was the way aye.

I have issues with some family, and they don't exactly live near me so i will be gone for periods of time. That's not all of it though, i just feel like i have had my fill of pso, nothing to do, nothing to collect, no challenge, take your pick. In any case, you will probably get something on top of your prizes as i have generally been doing that. Gotta love whimsical prizes lol.

Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:15 pm
Local GM

Docta wrote:

roronoa58 wrote:

Villain wrote:

I'm sure Bushie was more interested in the scissoring part.

I am not wondering why XD

Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:17 am
King

Right well, event over. Guess the remainder don't want their prizes, if you decide you do then hit me up on steam or skype, sayonara.

Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9