View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
The Max attack S event in now over. 
Global moderator

Post The Max attack S event in now over.
http://event.edenserv.net/2012/mas/?nav=about

Event info:

Maximum Attack S (event version) for episode 2 released.
Maximum Attack S (event version) for episode 4 released.
Some quests (mainly the other maximum attack quests) have been temporarily removed so they wouldn't interfere with the event. They will be back when it is over.

Just look for these quests under the event option in the respective episode if your interested in playing them.

Rewards:
After you complete either of the quests (winning, dying, or by time up) you can talk to Nol (ep2) or the Principle (ep4). You will then earn points based on how many kills you've gotten. They will save. When the event first goes live you will get points per kill via a difficulty multiplier:

1 point per kill for Normal.
1 point per kill on Hard.
2 points per kill on Very Hard.
4 points per kill on Ultimate.

Just remember to always talk to them when you complete the quest!! You don't get any points unless you talk to them after you finish!!

After you've gotten a certain amount of points you can spend them at the prize counter. Be sure to save up for those expensive prizes!

Elly(ep2)/Irene (ep4):
1000x TP mat
7000x Photon Crystal
50000x Bringer Rifle
70000x Spread Needle
120000x Prophets of Motav
120000x Lavis Cannon
250000x Yahoo Engine!

Burgerman:
100x Scape doll
800x 100k meseta
1000x HP mat
10000x God / Ability
70000x Red Sword
55000x Zanba
90000x Twinkle Star
100000x Syncesta
140000x L&K38 Combat

Note: All weapon prizes will have random %s. They will have 2-3 %s. They will also be untekked!

For these 2 quests, the drop rates will be double for the duration of the event!
Be sure to bring your other hunters with you, these quests are difficult!
Happy hunting!

Oh, also, in Maximum Attack S ep2, most of the boxes have moons and scapes to make the quest a bit easier.

If anyone notices any bugs, be sure to report them to me so I can quickly fix them.
Event is underway. Have fun!!! =)

This post will be the one that is updated.
Thanks to:
Tofuman for making the site and some other stuffz.

Big John for the random rates ideas
Ilitsa for helping me decide on some stuff
Karma for helping us start the event
Choko for a little help

Edit: Update 1 complete!
Edit2: Update 2 complete!
Edit3: Update 3 complete!

Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:42 pm
God

Post Re: The Max attack S event has started.
Bug: Event page is displaying kills as it they are all x1.

Suggestions: No ??? special reward mentioned for who gets the most kills.

Is it possible to have separate total kill counts gained by episode/quest and still have them tally together in game?

Example: When you register kills it registers from which episode/quest they are from, and reports that info to the event page. The points still are tallied together in game from both episodes/quests. But kill counts reported to the event page will be by episode/quest. That way if doing a reward for most/top kills in episode/quest different rewards could be given. And add incentive to play both episode/quest.

Dr. Frasier Crane wrote:
"Lazy-guy. I wonder what they call the deluxe model? The hopeless slack-ass?"

Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:58 am
Global moderator

japanaman2 wrote:
Bug: Event page is displaying kills as it they are all x1.

Suggestions: No ??? special reward mentioned for who gets the most kills.

Is it possible to have separate total kill counts gained by episode and still have them tally together in game?

Example: When you register kills it registers from which episode they are from, and reports that info to the event page. The points still are tallied together in game from both episodes. But kill counts reported to the event page will be by episode. That way if doing a reward for most/top kills in episode different rewards could be given. And add incentive to play both quests.

The event page displays actual kills, they don't go on a multiplier. Points and kills are not the same thing. Points are what is multiplied.

There is no reward (at least planned) for the most kills, that's why there is no multiplier in the first place on the event page. It was just extra. If there was I would have put a multiplier in so no one could just spam normal for a prize. Unlike the last Maximum Attack event (to my knowledge), there are prizes which you can get at your own pace during this event. There might be more added prizes later.

There isn't really a way for the event page to tell what was earned from which quest. I enjoy both quests, and you can hunt certain rares in one quest and certain rares in the other. Both quests have a similar amount of monsters total. If you got 4 people total there isn't really a reason to do one quest over the other besides hunting.

About other prizes, I have yet to discuss them with other staff members, but hopefully we will decide on something. =)
Keep in mind these will probably cost points. Don't be afraid to buy anything though that is currently there.

Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:28 am
Rookie

Do the points accumulated combine between all your characters? My biggest hesitation in most events is I like my variety of characters and am usually limited on kills, points, etc because of my versatility rather than just grinding away with one character.

Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:55 pm
Global moderator

Bens1278 wrote:
Do the points accumulated combine between all your characters? My biggest hesitation in most events is I like my variety of characters and am usually limited on kills, points, etc because of my versatility rather than just grinding away with one character.

Sadly, I can't make it combine kills (I think the site itself combines it for characters, but the quests themselves can't). Every week, I'm gonna update the event, and do things like, making the points you get per kill, higher. =)

Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:06 pm
Global moderator

Well, I'm planning to make a update to both quests on Friday. It was gonna be Monday, but Friday seems more like a better time to. I will update the opening post when this happens!

The update will include:

-Each time you get a kill, it will save it. You will no longer need to talk to Nol or Tyrell to get your points after this update. This means, if you happen to dc/crash, the work you did should be intact.

-Special Telepipe quest item. A quest item that goes by that name will be in your quest menu (it will prompt you if you want to use it, default no). It will port you to pioneer2. This is just if you gave up, or want to leave or whatever, or got stuck on the girtablulu sololing.

-Points multipliers. I'm gonna change the multipliers to 1x for normal, 1x for hard, 3x for very hard, and 8x for Ultimate.

-The gate at Crater will be opened when your about halfway done with the floor. This is just in case a rare drops outside the gate, you have a better chance of getting it. There will be a invisible barrier keeping you from running off though. The invisible barrier will be lifted when you clear the floor.

-Some monsters were moved for your convenience in seaside 1, but you probably won't notice. 1 Gi-gue will spawn in Seaside 1 now. 9 more Dorphans spawn in Crater.
Some spawns in Sub Desert 3 will spawn faster.

-The timer for both quests has changed. For episode 2. Normal you have 30 minutes, hard will have 35 minutes, very hard and ultimate you will have 45 minutes. For episode 4. Normal you have 30 minutes, hard will have 35 minutes, very hard and ultimate will have 40 minutes.

-Fixed a price issue with the Yahoo Engine!

-Changed the reward on ultimate for episode 2, from 40000, to 100000 meseta. Changed the reward for episode 4 from 40000, to 50000 meseta.

-Tried fixing one of the doors that appear green and you can't go through, now it should properly be red on the map.

-Quest has some updated code and 1 less thread. Should run a little better.

-The event will now last till Friday March 9th to go with the Friday updates. Enjoy. =)

Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:35 pm
Global moderator

Okay, updated!
Small bug. Sometimes when it shows you how many monsters you've killed every 5 minutes, sometimes it will display what's being saved instead of the monsters.
It doesn't effect anything though. I'll fix it soon. =)

Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:31 am
Global moderator

Okay, small bug is now fixed.
Also, moved the console in sub desert one a bit north so it ain't in the way as much.

The rare drops were set to 1x a few days ago cause of a rare drop bug for the multiplier.
Now it's back to 2x cause we fixed that! Enjoy.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:55 pm
Rookie

its funny pete, both bugs i discovered with you :p. why do we have to be the unlucky ones :D

Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:57 am
Global moderator

igropeburgers wrote:
its funny pete, both bugs i discovered with you :p. why do we have to be the unlucky ones :D

Lucky we noticed so it got fixed earlier.

Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:40 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next