View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
How To Snap An Image in the Dressing Room Before Recreation 
Lord

Post How To Snap An Image in the Dressing Room Before Recreation
Has your character entered the lobby at level 1 with SEGA's default gear right after leaving the dressing room? Have you felt helpless and foolish for second guessing whether or not the dressing room was selected instead of recreate? Then it's time to use PrintScreen like a pro and report a bug the next time it happens!

Taking advantage of the fact that all characters in the dressing room already have names and section ID's, use PrintScreen correctly so that it can help others see that you really weren't high as a kite because otherwise you would have nothing to show off. Moving along, simply press Alt+PrintScreen (Ctrl+C for taking images of program screens in windows) while viewing the character in the dressing room in order to clip an image of the game's screen to the clipboard. Next, open up the Paint program. since that old program is built into every windows computer, and press Ctrl+V to paste the image inside of the Paint program's window. Now save it and post that image.

I know, it's really that simple: Just take a pix and paste it just in case the character doesn't save that dashing new look after leaving the dressing room.

Here are some example images:

Example 1

Example 2

Yes, when a character is ranked up, the color of the character's name does show the rank too, so if your character is not ranked up above the regular rank, you do have to snap the image before pressing OK. If you don't do that, then you better hope that the section ID calculator and the name fail to match; otherwise, you look like an unlucky noob for snapping the image after pressing OK. In other words, it would look like character recreation instead of the dressing room, which won't help your case! That's why I snapped my images before pressing OK even though my two characters that were used in the examples were ranked anyways. If this is still confusing here is what not to do:

Don't Do This!

By the way, this won't help at all in establishing what items were held right before the character file was deleted, so watch your stuff before attempting to enter the dressing room. For example, don't use the dressing room until you have that character's items backed up for more than two days; that way, you won't need to worry about anything. If there are any items that may have been lost during such circumstances, prepare to explain yourself.

Click Show to view my characters in the game.
Guildcard: 42003313
Celeste : FOnewearl
Ryoko : RAmarl
Krunk : HUcast
Hitman : RAcast

Guildcard: 42003320
Ringo : HUnewearl
Cora : RAmarl
Snake : RAmar
Patty : RAcaseal

Guildcard: 42003323
Genie : FOmarl
Napoleon : FOnewm
Turkish: FOmar
Sinow Zoe : HUcaseal
Enter The Black Market

Skype Username: dewsibex

Last edited by Villain on Tue May 26, 2015 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 25, 2015 8:00 pm
Senior

Post Re: How To Snap An Image in the Dressing Room Before Recreat
Nice read, but I have to ask/mention this, because it could be a hole to abuse.

What if you bank your items/trade your items to an alt, enter the dressing room and bug your char on purpose, requesting a rollback. Would that not duplicate everything you had? (unless you "admit" and throw away what was duplicated in the process). Atleast I dont think that the rollback/restore of 1 character file will take items out of the common bank or other players inventories. It would (I think) only affect the character bank of that character and the character inventory.

Even if that possibility is true, rollbacks should still be done. I would just like to raise the mods awareness to check the restored items carefully and see if identical copies are around in the common bank / alts (and maybe friends accounts). Even then, a smart mind would be able to hide it by only duplicating stuff that you can't prove easily (or in a way, that its hard to prove that you purposely duplicated stuff).

Damn it, now my pizza is almost cold. I just alt tabbed during the opening song of an anime to check for new Posts and this happened. :(

Kyo~

Mon May 25, 2015 8:41 pm
Lord

Post Re: How To Snap An Image in the Dressing Room Before Recreat
Here's an edit with red ink and a bad example.

Click Show to view my characters in the game.
Guildcard: 42003313
Celeste : FOnewearl
Ryoko : RAmarl
Krunk : HUcast
Hitman : RAcast

Guildcard: 42003320
Ringo : HUnewearl
Cora : RAmarl
Snake : RAmar
Patty : RAcaseal

Guildcard: 42003323
Genie : FOmarl