View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
The Rank Up Guide - August 3, 2015 
Lord

Post The Rank Up Guide - August 3, 2015
This guide, although not a complete guide, is here to educate anybody interested in ranking up. There are some facts about this rank up system already mentioned elsewhere, so I will gather as many relevant posts to make sure everybody knows what to expect when ranking up. This guide will be partitioned into two parts. Part One will mention what is publicly known about the rank up system, and Part Two is my insights on how to make the most of ranking up given what is written in Part One.

Just know that there are still plans to further ameliorate the rank up system since its inception; hence this guide will be based on what is happening at the date of this post. Please don't ask me what I know about the staff's plans as I am not a member of staff.

Part One

What is the rank up system? Here's an announcement answering the basics.

Karma wrote:
As of 3/24/2012, PSOBB Eden now has a rank system. There are three ranks, normal, advanced, and elite. To achieve the next rank, you must first reach level 200 of your current rank. You will then be able to use the new solo quest in episode 1, "Player Rank Up" (found at the bottom of the side solo quest menu) to move up to the next rank. What does this mean for you?

Your experience level will be reset to 1.
Your experience earned will reset to 0.
All of your materials will be reset, except for HP, TP, and luck materials.
You will retain all items and spells/spell levels.

If you are advanced, your XP rate will be 2x all the way to level 200.
If you are elite, your xp rate will be 1x all the way to level 200.

If you reach level 200 of the advanced or elite ranks, you may even find yourself being awarded with some very special items!

In addition to retaining what has been mentioned above, you will not reset any flags, as the developers call them, upon ranking up since the character's data has not been wiped out completely. Another point about ranking up is that advanced rank characters have golden names, and elite rank characters have pink names. These colors are just rank identifiers, the other colors like red, green, and cyan represent staff. Did you know that WenchZiva(RAmarl) and RoRoNoa(FOnewearl) are elite ranked characters? Now you do since they can hide their rank identifying color with their cyan colored names. I have an elite ranked character named Ryoko; check the signature below.

Note that not all materials reset, so if you have an elite ranked character that consumed too many of the wrong materials, chew your mats wisely on a new character. Right now there is a suggestion topic about simplifying material consumption, so here's the link for that. Feel free to add to this discussion too; this isn't just for players with ranked characters. This suggestion topic affects players who choose not to rank up too as they are able to make mistakes in using materials as well.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3665

So what are these rank rewards for being level 200 at the advanced and elite ranks for your character? For leveling up an advanced ranked character to level 200, you receive a Celestial Saber, and for leveling up an elite ranked character to level 200, you receive a Heart of Coral and a Letter of appreciation. Here are their descriptions.

Celestial Saber (0/0/0/0|0)
"A [double] saber imbued with the power of the heavens."
Uses Double Saber animation, but can hit up to three targets
ATP: +613
MST: +50
ATA: +60
Special: Unreduced Geist
Class: Double Saber
Required ATP: 580
Required Rank: Advanced
Stars: 12 Stars
Perks: 2x Jellen and Zalure

HEART OF CORAL DFP: 0 EVP: 0
"Commissioned by the Ten Nation Alliance during a time of relative prosperity on Coral. Shows the bearer to be the champion of Pioneer II."
ATP: +30
DFP: +287
MST: +30
ATA: +30
EVP: +265
LCK: +30
EFR: +15
EIC: +15
ETH: +15
EDK: +40
ELT: +40
Class: Shield
Lv Needed: 200
Required Rank: Elite
Stars: 12 Stars
Perks: Shifta, Deband and Resta range are doubled.

Letter of appreciation
Descrition:"Congratulations on becoming an elite level 200 player. We hope you have enjoyed your time and continue to do so."
Class: Unique
Perk: Trophy

Regarding the most recent update on May 27, 2014, players are now required to satisfy rank requirements if they wish to reuse the Celestial Saber since the Heart of Coral is not reusable.

tofuman wrote:
Ranked items can now be handled by non-ranked players. However you won't be able to equip these items until you reach the required rank. For example. Heart of Coral can be picked up by an advanced player but not equipped. Ranked items are now max star (previously 9 stars).

This next feature is not exclusive to players with ranked characters, but ranking up will make this feature more useful to players. Upon reaching a certain number of kills, a character is eligible to have a rare quest. The rare quest should be available to select under the newly added Rare tab, but there is still no episode 4 rare quest yet. Stay tuned.

How is one eligible to receive a rare quest? It depends on the character's rank. If you have a regular ranked character, it requires 100000 kills, and if you have an advanced ranked character, it requires 75000 kills, and if you have an elite rank character, it requires 50000 kills. See the incentive to rank up now? It's clearly easier to receive rare quests for the elite rank characters than the other two ranked characters. As a final remark, you may check your record of kills by using the command /mykills. For characters that have used their first rare quest before, this will be more difficult to estimate the number of kills required, but it's nothing more than basic arithmetic.

Sometimes, players find out how to access rare quests before understanding what they are, but it's okay if you missed the post. Here's a post by the rare quest maker, tofuman, about the first rare quest for episode 1. There is another rare quest for episode 2. Also, every rare quest has 2x drop rates and 2x EXP, but maybe that's outdated as it is not mentioned in the post. Perhaps it's still being publicly tested as it states.

tofuman wrote:
Hello all. The first rare quest for ep1 is up for public testing.

About Rare quests (1-4: Forest Floor)
There is a planned 12 Rare quests in total (more may follow at a later date). There will be 4 per episode, all will follow the same structure. The structure being 5 zones to clear within a time limit of 2 minutes. If the zone is cleared within the time limit you'll be able to collect an orb from that zone. upon collecting all 5 orbs on ultimate difficulty you'll unlock a bonus area. You'll have 4 minutes in which to clear the bonus area and upon doing so an item will drop per player in game. (so the more in the party the better)

If the time runs out or a player dies you'll fail the zone. During the bonus zone the same conditions apply with the addition of, if a player leaves during the bonus area you'll fail the bonus zone.

Drops are disabled during the bonus zone with the exception of the rewards upon completion.

Rare quests will be available from the guild counter upon hitting a certain milestone (more details regarding how to earn them will be announced when the rare quests go live). But during the tests it is available always from EP1 -> VR -> 1-4: Forest Floor.

Also note that during the testing period the rewards will be sabers.

I hope you enjoy the quest. Please post any bugs that you find. Once we're happy with the quest, 1-4 for Ep2 and Ep4 will be available also.

Bugs:
  • n/a

Fixed upon next ship restart
  • Warp button doesn't always appear for all players at zone 5 and Bonus zone. Players can use the quest item board (or /lobby) to return to lobby after completion of the quest in the mean time.

Another perk for ranking up is the ability to tekk weapons up to higher percentages than before; this was added on March 9, 2013. Of course, you can subtract by as much as you can add as mentioned below since tekking can go both ways.

tofuman wrote:
Ranked players are now able to TEK weapons further. Advanced +15%, Elite +20%

Part Two
Given what is known about the rank up system, it seems like players that don't play as androids get more perks from ranking up since they have characters that can take advantage of the rank up equipment more easily than their android characters. This doesn't mean that players playing with androids can't or shouldn't rank up at all, but I still see no great motivation to rank them up, especially since Heart of Corals are completely useless for the players that have level 200 regular ranked characters since May 27, 2014. Reading this far, you can see why it's better to make the time to rank up a character that doesn't use traps.

Apart from that, if ranking up isn't for you, there are players with elite ranked characters that play on Eden, so there is no shortage of elite tekkers that can add 20% to your ?SPECIAL WEAPONS. I encourage you to find players such as myself to get that extra 10%. Also, remember that rare quests are still for you too!

I was going to add perks about being able to participate in Kure's Deal, but since that has been removed recently, there will be no more section ID changes and rank reversions for ranked characters. Karma has an agenda on improving upon the rank up system, so look up to him for any modifications after reading this thoroughly in case anything new nullifies the information contained herein.

Anyways, I welcome more insights about the rank up system from fellow ranked players since I am not the only one who has participated in ranking up.

Click Show to view my characters in the game.
Guildcard: 42003313
Celeste : FOnewearl
Ryoko : RAmarl
Krunk : HUcast
Hitman : RAcast

Guildcard: 42003320
Ringo : HUnewearl
Cora : RAmarl
Snake : RAmar
Patty : RAcaseal

Guildcard: 42003323
Genie : FOmarl
Napoleon : FOnewm
Turkish: FOmar
Sinow Zoe : HUcaseal
Enter The Black Market

Skype Username: dewsibex

Last edited by Villain on Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:26 pm
Local GM

Post Re: The Ranking Up Guide
Thanks for your guide Villain !

Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:09 am
Senior

Post Re: The Rank Up Guide
Do quests reset too?

Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:57 pm
God

Seems not.(post above yours)

Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:34 pm
Senior

Alright, thanks again.

I wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting my time unlocking everything before at least ranking up once.

Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:57 pm
Lord

Post Re: The Rank Up Guide - August 3, 2015
There is a recent update to the original post that contains new information in yellow text besides the names of the rank up equipment. Enjoy.

Click Show to view my characters in the game.
Guildcard: 42003313
Celeste : FOnewearl
Ryoko : RAmarl
Krunk : HUcast
Hitman : RAcast

Guildcard: 42003320
Ringo : HUnewearl
Cora : RAmarl
Snake : RAmar
Patty : RAcaseal

Guildcard: 42003323
Genie : FOmarl
Napoleon : FOnewm
Turkish: FOmar
Sinow Zoe : HUcaseal
Enter The Black Market

Skype Username: dewsibex

Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:01 pm
Champion

Post Re: The Rank Up Guide - August 3, 2015
Thanks for this guide! I was actually wondering what was the point of ranking up! I'm actually tempted now. :o

Kids, wanna learn how to lose 6 months of your life? Try speedrunning!

Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]