View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
My top 5 weapons! + guides on them 
King

Post My top 5 weapons! + guides on them
Hey!

I'm not the most knowlageable bloke on PSO and im frequently corrected on things I comment upon, so bare with me on this guide.

But here is my top 5 weapons on PSO!!! (remeber its my 5 top not THE top 5, so no "you didn't put [Weapon] in comments please)

1. Vjaya - This is a partisan type weapon, so like most multi target weapons it can hit upto 10 targets. Its technically a charge weapon but it has its own special properties so it behaves differantly. A standard charge weapon costs 200 meseta per target you make contact with, but this however costs 10,000 meseta PER SWING, so if you hit one target or 10 its 10,000 meseta. The increased meseta cost comes with its own benefeits of dealing 3x the damage of a hard attack instead of a normal charge weapons 1.75x hard attack damage.

Tips
* Use the special sparingly since max meseta will only grant you 99 uses.
* Regularly stock up on more meseta so you can buy items, and use the special.

2. Diska of Braveman - A slicer type weapon, so it can also hit multiple targets. This has a berserk special so it can be a decent damage dealing slicer and even more effective with a decent hit %. The Braveman can be used by all characters from all classes.

Tips
* Don't be to overambitious with the special, time a use wrong and you now low heath combined with an ememy attack can kill you.
* The Braveman is best used agaisnt bosses, since you hit multiple targets, and mixed with berserk can kill off most bosses fairly quickly.

3. Frozen Shooter/Snow Queen - A rifle type weapon with a special freezing attack. Its special is blizzard, but unlike standard blizzard weapons it can freeze 100% of the time. This makes it a good utility weapon for any ranger, and if you choose, it can be upgraded to a Snow Queen with a photon booster. The Snow Queen acts almost the same as a Frozen Shooter except its special hits multiple targerts whereas the Frozen Shooter only hits one. Both have the one downside of randomly freezing your character but this can be easily overcome with cure/freeze or just general directional input mashing.

Tips
* Don't rely on either Frozen Shooter or Snow Queen as a main weapon, they are best used as utility weapons.
* Don't worry about the random freezing too much, its not that often to be considered annoying.

4. Hell Raygun/Laser - These can be very intimidating weapons in the hands of most characters, the hell special has a high chance of instantly killing a target and when combined with a decent hit % it can be a fearsome weapon indeed. Hunters and Forces should obviously go for the raygun, whereas Rangers can have either. Personally hell only suits firearms in my opinion so if your looking for a hell weapon you should get these.

Tips
* Get a hit baring hell Raygun/Laser, they are alot more effective than non-hit ones.
* Unless you have uber high hit, or confident in your characters ATA don't rely on it too much.

5. Psycho Wand - Described as the ultimate cane by the game, and altough many peope will argue otherwise its still a nice weapon. Its one of the best tech specials of all weapons by level, having all 3 simple techs at level 11, along with that it decereases the cost of all techs by 50% AND boosts RA techs by 30%. Its two main downsides is that it subtracts the full TP cost from your HP and it is stupidly rare. And even if you dislike the weapon, its good for collecting or bragging xD.

Tips
* If you feel like hunting this out, get started beacuse it will take you a while.
* Its usefullness VS rarity is debatable, there are pleanty of other decent weapons for Forces, don't feel like this is the best weapon for your character.

Fracks LVL 169
Tager LVL 114
Zoro LVL 22

GC: 42001796

Thu May 19, 2011 9:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]