View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Aerial-tan is new ツ 
Rookie

Post Aerial-tan is new ツ
Hello, the name's Aerial-tan and I am new to this server.

I used to play on a more popular server, but that server isn't very popular anymore.

Then, I was about to change to a different server, but that one got DDoS-attacked (・A・)

And now I am here!

Ok, I've go some newbie questions.

1. How is thi server doing? Is it even worth to still join?

2. When I registered here, I had to enter my GC#. I entered the number I saw in the control panel of the Eden site. Is this correct, or have I been a bad boy?

3. I am unzipping the client right now and my Avira is getting upset. Is this a bad omen?

Ok, I think that's it for questions now. I'l see if I can actually get the client to run and if so, I'll prolly be back. You can use the time to red this and ask quetions to me to if you like! or u can just shrug-off nab-introduction #101

Herpderp, I'm back already.

Ok, so if I start the launcher and click the start utton it says "Error code: 2". What do I need to do? he forum says something about uing different exes. hat exes? Links? HALP?!

Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:19 pm
Lord

Post Re: Aerial-tan is new ツ
Hey, welcome to Eden. Are Ultima and Schthack the two servers you are implying by your post?

Anyways, I have some answers that others can fill in with me.

1. Well, if you love to play PSOBB and want a new start, this is it. There's plenty to read in the forums, but there's no rush here since we have no events currently. Still, you just missed the Mouth Watering Mesta Event. No worries, you'll be getting meseta in no time if you know where to look! As for this server's demographics, it's population is quite the lowest, but I am considering this server still active unlike smaller less popular servers like broomop's server called Nova. I think that server best describes a ghost town since I heard that all the data for that server was wiped for whatever reason. I think it had to do with MySQL, right?

2. I never had an issue with the staff over listing my guildcard numbers in the forum account settings; in fact, there is only one guildcard number that can be entered there. As for you viewing the Control Panel on that edenserv.net/loadchar web page, that is a tool for administrators, you can't really be a bad boy for asking about that. Maybe BushieBoy's suggestion about identifying players with that kind of information needs to be mentioned again; remind me too BushieBoy since I can't find that post at the moment. Besides, I have my game account information displayed in my signature to help other players recognize me in the game.

3. Yes, your Avira antivirus software spotted a trojan like virus, right? Yeah, I permanently disregarded that, and took the psobb.exe file off the quarantine folder, but I'll let somebody in the staff explain that to you in more detail. Oh, you edited your post, eh? Try Run as Administrator after right clicking psobb.exe since that is the file that opens the game.

By the way, you like the server so far?

Click Show to view my characters in the game.
Guildcard: 42003313
Celeste : FOnewearl
Ryoko : RAmarl
Krunk : HUcast
Hitman : RAcast

Guildcard: 42003320
Ringo : HUnewearl
Cora : RAmarl
Snake : RAmar
Patty : RAcaseal

Guildcard: 42003323
Genie : FOmarl
Napoleon : FOnewm
Turkish: FOmar
Sinow Zoe : HUcaseal
Enter The Black Market

Skype Username: dewsibex

Last edited by Villain on Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:20 pm
Senior

Hello and welcome to Eden =)

A lot of player were earlier on other servers but stick to this one... even if its population is not so wide. Well I hope you'll find your place here =)
Its normal that your Avira dislikes the download, avast dislikes it too. But no big matter, you can just do what Villain told you, he's thrustworty.

Note that if you like to play with widescreen : you'll find the HD widescreen launcher here : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3651
Just add it to your psobb folder and run it as an administrator !

For your error code 2, you may find some elements of response here : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1947

Have fun in our little Eden !
See you in game

GC#42000595 : Nora/Ale V2.3/Ninja/M' Bloh
GC#42001377 : Ken Doh/M' White/Poufette/ M' Blue

Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:51 am
Local GM

Hey, welcome on Edenserv, avg dislike psobb as well, don't worrie.
Have fun with us !

Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:53 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]