View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Why did you join Eden? 
Rookie

Post Re: Why did you join Eden?
I played a ton on Schtserv, probably close to 1k hrs and had a couple of 200s on there. Spog/Trys was a good buddy of mine and convinced me to come over here onto Eden right when the server was kinda starting up. I was able to get some stuff xferred here along with my main, a RAmarl called Sunkist, hence why I have a Guild card in the 300s. Barely played here cuz I was still heavy into Schtserv at the time. Once Schtserv went down the uh... Schitter?, I quit PSO and basically sold everything I had to some buyers I knew.

Fast forward to about a year ago when I found out Crono's HD crashed and I was immediately hit with the PSO nostalgia. Thankfully I was able to find my account here with all of my stuff, or else I'd be gone from PSO for good. I hop on once in a blue moon, although I haven't been on in a few months.

Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:38 pm
Rookie

As did many people, I joined Schtserv at some point. Maybe 2011-2012-ish. It was fine, but it seems my account (and that of a friend I played with) was deleted for inactivity, or at least SOMETHING happened to it. My friend and I weren't exactly lv200 but it was still a major pain to see all of that just disappear.

All things considered, I wasn't looking for a repeat of that experience and I incidentally ran into a lot of ill-will from people towards Sch for various reasons. That helped convince me to look for alternate servers since my friend was recently itching for some PSO again. He was the reason I started on PSOBB in the first place, incidentally. I had played the Gamecube edition offline for quite some time during my teen years and clocked a lot of hours into my old RAcast, though I never got any of the really interesting rares because I knew very little about the game. WALS-MK2 was my go-to weapon.

But anyway, the higher experience rate was one of the draws to this place because one of my primary PSO memories was leveling taking forever and a day. I wasn't eager to grind so much again.

I'm not entirely sure what my opinion of the rares situation is, but I'll chalk that up to being a positive rather than a negative.

Active server population is indeed tiny but this isn't exactly going to make a large difference, considering my friend's habit of being reclusive. That and my own indifference in the matter.

Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:03 am
Rookie

hyujmen wrote:
I use sun bingo bonus codes a ton on Schtserv, probably close to 1k hrs and had a couple of 200s on there. Spog/Trys was a good buddy of mine and convinced me to come over here onto Eden right when the server was kinda starting up. I want to get some stuff xferred here along with my main, a RAmarl called Sunkist, hence why I have a Guild card in the 300s. Barely played here cuz I was still heavy into Schtserv at the time. Once Schtserv went down the uh... Schitter?, I quit PSO and basically sold everything I had to some buyers I knew.

i was just looking for something new to learn and play.

Last edited by AndreasFam on Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:17 am
Master

honestly? I missed pso alot, but SCHThck the one everyone loved at the time was too packed and laggy for me, and alot of users at the time made playing on my own a real pain.
Eden I joined because it had a smaller and more friendly user and player base. People actually worked and helped eachother out here, and I was still able to play the game the way I remembered it all the way back on the Dream cast days. PSO is and has been one of my fave rpg games, it may look super dated these days.. but the joy the game gave, still gives actualy, shows how good it is.

I know this is an old as hell topic im replying too, but I have been gone till just recently so its probably not that big of a problem.

Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:17 am
Rookie

To start I'll just say this is my favorite game and the only game that I want to play at the moment.

I've been playing since episode 1&2 on DC, and every version after. I been on a few servers but this one has by far given me the most love. I finally got my first major items on this server like RR, ADEPTS, dark meteor, dark bridge, psycho wand etc. What brought me here is the ranking up plus the celestial saber and coral ring. I want to rank to elite so bad to have coral permanently equipped.

What keeps me coming back is that I feel like I have a strong childhood connection with fomarl but was never able to finish her growth. I've come so far on this server and dont want to go know where else. Hopefully some day I'll reach elite even if its just lvl 1 I'll push through.

Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:48 am
Profile YIM WWW
Champion

This is a good topic. It needs to be necro'ed.

I started PSO in 2004 when I got a Dreamcast and played V2 offline, not getting very far. Later I played Schtserv, like everyone else here, on the PSOPCv2 days when everyone hacked themselves Spread Needles and would join your game just to troll and clear out all the stages before you even got to them. Eventually, PSOBB was emulated after a lot of work and I started fresh on Schtserv with a HUcast, Ghost DX. I got to level 70 and hated the grind.

Anyway, I came across Eden eventually in late 2009 and saw they did character transfers and the rates were 5x! I was thrilled, so I took a ton of screenshots and got my HUcast and all my best items transferred here. I then created an Oran HUmar in hopes of getting a Lame eventually, but just ended up donating for my Excalibur. After getting him to Ultimate and playing a lot with Wench I decided I wanted a Ranger instead, and so made Redbot. Everyone helped me out with gearing him up.

The community was small but extremely welcoming and helpful. I raised a ton of mags and traded them to people, and used to do custom orders, to get all of the main gear on my characters now. This included trades with Bushie Boy, docta5 and Zacchaeus/Eurydice. They were all extremely generous. Some other player gave me all the mag cells I have, since they knew I'm a mag farmer, plus some PDs for a mag as well.

What keeps me coming back? Well aside from being locked out of my account for the last two years, balance is a big motivator and we have many memories of runs together as well as trades, I'm really in debt to him for all the stuff he's helped me get or given me for free. It's not just that though, it's getting the PSO itch, it's my hoard of items and trading, it's my 140 photon crystals I need to do BPD/BPD2 with, it's RT and TTF runs, and just how great the players here are in comparison to me. Some of you guys are like walking encyclopedias about the game and server lol.

If Eden ever goes down, I will quit PSO forever as there's no way I'd want to start over elsewhere with nothing. I'd even be willing to contribute to the hosting bill regardless of cost if it kept the server up and people were still playing, no matter how few.

My guild card is 42000780... wonder if I have the lowest one out of the currently active players?

Ghost DX / HUcast / Skyly / Mag Farmer
Magz / FOmarl / Viridia / Mag Farmer
Redbot is my main.
My Tradelist
My HWBOT profile

Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3