View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Why did you join Eden? 
Master

Post Why did you join Eden?
Why did you personally join Phantasy Star Eden and what keeps you coming back?

Lurkers don't be afraid to post, i'd love to hear input from a lot of edens members!

Chivey FO FOnewm Lvl 14x
PSOinfinity Leader/Always recruiting, just let me know!
ACTIVE RAID ON CENTRAL TOWER GROUPING http://forum.edenserv.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4250
Interested in getting new Eden event, let's hear your thoughts! viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4252

KEEPING THE FORUMS ACTIVE IS IMPORTANT, Stop Lurking! :D

Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:36 pm
Local GM

Post Re: Why did you join Eden?
Oh man, where to begin?!

I actually started on Schtserv somewhere in the realm of 2009, and hung around there until I think 2011/2012. Due to a couple of sporadic changes that I didn't necessarily agree with (that I'm sure I don't have to go into detail about), I decided it was in my best interest to leave Schtserv after I stumbled upon Eden's website.

What keeps me coming back? I always find myself having fun here, no matter what I'm doing. I've seen people come and go, have had several wonderful experiences, and I plan on remaining here to continue having more until it all hits the fan.

I like it here more than anywhere else I've been, not just because of the slight twist on things the server provides, but the community as well. Sure, it waxes and wanes as time progresses, but as do all things. I could visit any other server in existence, but none will compare to the time I've spent here, and will continue to spend.

Rose - RAcaseal - Lv. 13x

Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:22 pm
Master

Thanks for posting your story! You've been around Phantasy Star a long time (2009)! Did you play PSO on the official servers?

Edens community is extremely helpful and always willing to give a hand without expecting anything in return.

Chivey FO FOnewm Lvl 14x
ACTIVE RAID ON CENTRAL TOWER GROUPING http://forum.edenserv.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4250
Interested in getting new Eden event, let's hear your thoughts! viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4252

Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:07 pm
Local GM

I played on both the Dreamcast and Gamecube official servers for quite some time. I do miss those days.

Rose - RAcaseal - Lv. 13x

Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:07 am
Master

The hours of dedication is impressive in of itself! O_o

Hopefully some other would like to share a little bit about their choice of joining Eden!

Chivey FO FOnewm Lvl 14x

Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:34 am
Master

Joined Scht late '14.
At that point people were running around with QB boosted stuff and Rainblows from the event that had happened recently.
For all the new players that were about, this was a tad disheartening, but I continued playing.
A year later, after putting up with the regular downtime, occasional rollbacks and bugs galore, Halloween '15 came around.
The event was absolutely terrible (Gigush from a f**king Lantern, after playing for 3 days solid until 1 finally dropped) so I left.
Searched for PSO private servers and Eden was second on the list.
Checked out the forums for information on boosts and changes, etc.
I found the boosts and changes very agreeable, and so I joined.
Turns out I'd made an account on Eden some months before, hence why my Guild Card number is around the 6000s, I actually started playing around the 8000s.
Besides a lv50 Mag bug (think it's happened to everyone at some point lol) this server has been a solid 10/10.
The community is great and the server is stable.
I hope Eden continues to live on through the Internet ages.

Nightmare [HUmar] Skyly (LV200 Elite)
Unknown [RAmar] Viridia (LV150+ Elite)

Last edited by BlitzkriegAJ on Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:49 pm
Master

Sounds like a jolly time over at SCHT during 2014, that event drop is disheartening, probably would of cried myself! Sucks your timr at SCHT was poor during all th maintenance.

On a strong note, it's great to have you around Eden!
Let's hear some more! \( ^o^) /

Chivey FO FOnewm Lvl 14x

Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:08 am
Rookie

I've been playing PSO for a very long time but took a long break after my gamecube character was deleted by my cousin who decided to borrow my memory card without asking and wipe it clean. I had logged 6000+ hours on my main character who reached roughly (last level number i remember) 130, and 1100 hours on my other and i shared that mem card with my brother and sister for a long while who also played with me. We didnt have internet as kids so everything we did was offline with each other. I miss those good times. When someone finally told me that there was a 5x xp boost on this server i was kinda glad cuz i don't have to spend so much time leveling now hahaha. I appreciate that people are working to keep up this server and to better it. So far the commmunity has been quite helpful and i will be glad once everything is ironed out and it's as simple as download n play.

Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:42 am
Master

6000 hours! *bows*

That's unfortunate you had the misadventure of a relative erasing save data from your card! I can reminisce local gamecube as well, it is a lot great memories and exploration, not knowing what to expect next!

The server is extremely important! There are many dedicated PSO players here, all different experiences levels, and always learning new things! The forums are open for anyone, i'd be welcoming to read more players history !

Sidenote: The high experience rate is great, the community is generally small it allows quick progression into Ultimate, sense most players are hanging around there! Also, hopefully we can iron out your issues with stability.

Chivey FO FOnewm Lvl 14x

Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:12 am
Rookie

Wayyy back when I was in elementary school, I used to play PSO on my Dreamcast with my friends. I never played online, it was offline play erry day for me, so this is a whole new experience for me, and I'm pumped! It was definitely my favorite game back then, and to this day holds a special place in my heart.

I started playing PSO2 a few months after it came out, back when english patch installation was 100% manual. I took a pretty long break with a few logins here and there, but now I'm back in full swing. Just PSO2 couldn't scratch my itch for nostalgia though, and so I took to the internet to see what was around in terms of private PSO servers, and now here I am!

Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next