View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Section ID recommendation? 
Senior

Post Section ID recommendation?
Once the client/installer has been made available again I'll make a Humar.
I'm not sure which ID to give him though.
I first thought Viridia for the epic 1/32 PGF drop rate, then I realized this is after the abysmally low drop anything rate of Olga (please tell me the drop anything rate of olga is 1/2 :P).

While I narrowed it down to a few, I can't really decide which to get, I want a good balance between equips I can hunt myself at reasonable rates and stuff that's good for trade at reasonable rates.

I thought about Oran for easy Syncesta and all around good Hunter drops, is the rare enemy chance normal on this server or also boosted like drop rate and exp?
The other great contender would by Skly so I can hunt for Red Sword with hit and Lame D'Argents.

Aside from that I may also consider Whitill or Redria for being good all around and also for the ever so slightly raised chance of finding a 60+ hit Charge Diska (I had a 70hitter that was my favorite weapon).

What would you recommend considering these criteria?
Maybe some other ID altogether that has an easy time finding stuff with high value for trade (did I mention that I really like trading?)?

Thanks!

Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:21 am
The mother judge

Post Re: Section ID recommendation?
As A Whitill, I'd personally say Whitill for life!

Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:44 am
Local GM

All Proney play whitill indeed, so if you play Foney you should take a whitill !!!

Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:15 am
Lord

dont listen to these chum faces, that's for proneys.

For HUmars you wanna make a skyly ID character, for those easy to find big swords that u can use in the early game

Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:16 am
Profile WWW
Nobody did what? T.T

Drop Charts:
http://edenserv.net/drops

Oran and Whitill also have Lame D'argent drops from Dorphon and Kondy respectively.

Oran additionally has Syncestas also, and I think Oran has reasonable Ep4 drops too (Limiter, 101, Fanatic, 502).

Skyly has added benefit of SJS, Red Sword, Chainsawd, and Heart of Poumn (if you're a HUney), which actually is fairly good thanks to being a high-damage dagger rather than a claw.

Olga, like most other bosses, does have high drop rates - between the frequency of monomates and meseta over no drops at all, I'd say that the 1/32 rate is a very good rate, and more likely than not he will drop something (granted, PGF is still a little under three percent, but that is a very good rate as far as PSO drops are concerned). I personally am not thrilled with Viridia however...my biggest draw to it would be Nei's Real, but the rates of that are so low it's not worth it. Pgf is nice and all, but you don't need to make another Viridia just to find one.

Redria has the obvious ease of finding Lavis, meaning hit Lavis is certainly possible, but if you're doing dedicated hunting for one thing, it may be best to just ask another player with the right ID to host Lavis finding sessions. It does, however, allow for easy addslot hunting and the highly desirable state/maintainence on top of that...

Whitill has some decent drops, but many of them seem more RA/FO (Ignition/Guld/all Ring Shields from EP1&2 bosses). I am not sure it would offer much benefit over other classes in terms of raw drops for a HU.

Purple is guns and some FO stuff considering it has Pwand, so you only would need it if you really need a Fanatic assuming you only play as a HU (however, it is a pretty decent class in terms of drops). Pink is an obvious FO class. Green is good for RA, Blue has Asteron Belt, Yellow is probably the only ID I am really unfamiliar with.

Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:21 am
Master

I would just say go ahead and get whatever ID you think will fit what you want in the long run. There's a lot of players that don't mind being pimped out for their IDs if you ask.

My Humar (before I realized I was horrible with him and went Hucast) was a skyly and I did find nice stuff early on. So if I had to choose, then Skyly. I would recommend having a Redria at some point because State/Maintenance is relatively easy to get with them and it's an absolute must have unit for all the characters I play (HUs get a high priority over them because they get eated by status effects so bad). Plus getting a ton of addslots on normal is an awesome boost.

• merle-lv.14x Hucaseal
  • Kusari-lv.13x Fonewearl advanced

Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:28 am
Profile WWW
Senior

Thanks for the feedback.

Ironically for me it was the opposite - I was not so good with my Hucast but great with a Humar.

Also, Heart of Pwn is a dagger on this server? Seriously o.O
It's normally a claw, but the model covers both hands. This is purely cosmetic though, the attack animation is the exact same as every other claw.

I went with Oran for now. If I make a new character, I may just go with Viridia for him/her.

BTW, is it normal that only 5 people are online?
Does this is server normally only have one ship with one block?

Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:18 pm
Nobody did what? T.T

Yes, it's a dagger (unless it's been changed, which I can probably check later, but classes now...). It originally was a claw, but it got changed. Both the weapon type and animation.

The server isn't generally super-populated. I'd like it to be busier by a factor of 10 sometime, sure, but that's not going to be super easy to do without ... stuff :P Yes, there's only one ship and one block, because there's no need for more capacity at the moment.

Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:23 pm
Senior

Thanks again.
Is there a reason why the gamepad config is greyed out?
Considering you can change little to the keyboard config, even joy to key doesn't leave me with many options.

Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:35 pm
Nobody did what? T.T

I never use a gamepad, but maybe it's because PSOBB isn't recognizing it properly. Is there a toggle for it in online.exe or something that isn't checked or something? I know some people use gamepads, so I honestly won't be as much help here.

Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next