View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
The Red Ring's Power? 
The mother judge

Post The Red Ring's Power?
This one piqued my interest as soon as it occurred to me: what is the source of the Red Ring's power?

The Red Ring is much stronger than all the other coloured rings, but no indication is given of why this is the case. So, is the Red Ring stronger because it was Rico's and her experience as one of the foremost hunters also afforded the ring boosted stats? Or, is it because it was taken in by Falz - it is, in fact, the only clearly visible attribute of Rico's on Falz - and got powered up that way so that when Falz poops it out it retains some that power?

And if the latter, doesn't that change your perspective on it somewhat?!

Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:44 pm
Local GM

Post Re: The Red Ring's Power?
Rico is half blind its why the ring add 20 ata, it add 20 LCK for compensate the unlucky of Rico
and finally the atp boost is from Falz.

And for me actually the only thing interesting on RR is the ATA boost who work on all class (Range wall for RA),
thats why min stat RR is already enough and the max stat not really more usefull,
You want to take less damage by ennemy punch? avoid them... serious who need high DFP and EVP ??? lol

Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:04 am
God

comes from a lot of lube and a thick shaft of some sort, gives you red ring power every time.

all i heard was flaps ...and ping pong balls from that bangkok dude errr i mean girl

my tradelist >>>> http://edenserv.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=747

Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:27 am
The mother judge

roronoa58 wrote:
You want to take less damage by ennemy punch? avoid them... serious who need high DFP and EVP ??? lol

PROneys who tank during ROCT like me. I think even if the Ring was boosted by Falz, it certainly doesn't show any signs of retaining any of its evil.

Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:48 am
Local GM

Spoghead wrote:
I think even if the Ring was boosted by Falz, it certainly doesn't show any signs of retaining any of its evil.

Yeah true need to add an effect on it like HP drain when walking or all the time.

Spoghead wrote:
PROneys who tank during ROCT like me.

Hmm high Fire res for epsi bullet high Zap res for gizonde trap and high EDK res for ill gill del lily megid trap.
And ninja/rush unit for flee Meris...

Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:15 pm
Nobody did what? T.T

RR actually heals you as time goes on iirc. :p It is meant to be an embodiment of a person considered a hero by the majority of the Pioneer 2 society, and as such, gives extra courage, fortitude, and ability to its wearer. When Falz dies, the Red Ring persists (Normal mode!) despite Rico herself being overcome by the evils of Falz.

The ring was able to withstand the evil, but I find it more of symbolic representation of triumph and overcoming evil (which grants you, as mentioned above, courage and extra stats), instead of the object itself manifesting special power. A morale boost of the red ring given its symbolism of good triumphing over evil and Rico's spirit being freed allows it to distinguish itself from other rings. Keep in mind that Red Ring doesn't offer very significant light or darkness resistances, and if it was tainted, I'd expect higher EDK, and if it was holy, I'd expect higher ELT. At least, that's what I believe, if it makes an sense.

Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:38 am
Senior

roronoa58 wrote:
serious who need high DFP and EVP ??? lol

I do, actually enemies cant damage me. So I can always use DF special :p

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:25 am
Rookie

roronoa58 wrote:

Well, you know what lil' Timmy's dad said to lil' Timmy's mom? "Who needs protection? I can avoid it!"

... And that's why we now have lil' Timmy. Moral of the story: no matter how skilled you are, make sure to protect yourself.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:54 pm
Profile WWW
Rookie

I prefer HP as my primary protection, but good DFP and EVP does help reduce losing HP. I originally thought that you could step in front of enemies to help keep them away from allies, but that only works in split-screen multi-player on the Gamecube/Xbox.

Back on topic.

Well as for how the Red Ring actually works, I have a small theory that the ring conducts and stores "power" (photons, magic, whatever) on a sub-atomic level via nano-circuitry. The circuitry of the ring transfers energy into your your body, equipment, and photon aura/soul/whatever naturally enhancing your being. It is possible that the ring items have been constructed atom-from-atom by a "divine being" or whatever. Problem is we don't know how and where Rico obtained this ring. Rico could have been given the ring by someone or she could have found it somewhere. If we knew exactly where the ring came from, then we can figure out why it's special. All we know is that the ring belongs to Rico.

Maybe the Red Ring is haunted because Rico's ghost possesses it and the ghost gives you power. Just a thought.

Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:51 pm
Local GM

Fontes wrote:
Well, you know what lil' Timmy's dad said to lil' Timmy's mom? "Who needs protection? I can avoid it!"

... And that's why we now have lil' Timmy. Moral of the story: no matter how skilled you are, make sure to protect yourself.

XD thanks for the lesson ^^'

Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]