View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Post your computer/desk 
Champion

Post Re: Post your computer/desk
Hey xieyo, thanks for your reply. I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner.

When you said post a picture of an application, what were you referencing? I mentioned I dusted and upgraded an old Macintosh, and installed a device called a floppyemu that allows the machine to boot disk images from an SD card. I was talking about posting pictures of that. Though every time I turn the thing on, I'm always afraid the analog board with its giant caps that powers the CRT will blow up.

I did mention a program called HFVExplorer that allows for copying Stuffit Expander archives with old software in them obtained from MacintoshGarden.org. They then have to be "unstuffed" using Stuffit Expander 3.5 or 4 (which are not compatible with each other) inside the emulator, Mini Vmac. Once done they will be available for use and I can load my 500mb disk image onto the SD card then boot it on the Macintosh. This program essentially just allows you to open and view .dsk files that are formatted in either HFS or MFS, and then drag and drop files from NTFS (e.g. your downloads folder) into the disk image. The program is like 20 years old and not updated and was originally for Win98. If this is what you want to see I can post some photos.

I really need to look into gaming on Linux not using wine and see about getting PSO running on it as Linux is my os of choice. Yes I have a hardon for redundant backups (particularly the shared folder my wife backs our accounting up onto) so I'm set that way but I'm considering getting a backup drive for my backup drives. A 8TB drive would work. I'd also like to do offsite backups but don't really have anyone reliable to hold on to a drive. ;)

Thanks for the conversation.

Ghost DX / HUcast / Skyly / Mag Farmer
Magz / FOmarl / Viridia / Mag Farmer
Redbot is my main.
My Tradelist
My HWBOT profile

Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2