View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Phantasy Star Portable 2 / Infinity on PC with Multiplayer 
Rookie

Post Phantasy Star Portable 2 / Infinity on PC with Multiplayer
Not sure if you guys are much into Phantasy Star Universe / Portable series, but I thought I'd bring to light something that you may like, especially if you are a big Phantasy Star Universe / Portable / Infinity fan! It's a fun diversion from Phantasy Star Online. I personally find myself jumping back and forth between Online and Portable 2 to keep things fresh.

You're able to play these games (Phantasy Star Portable 2 and Infinity) on your PC in HD resolution AND multiplayer using the PPSSPP emulator. This is kind of like a "private PSU server." In my opinion, in some regards, it's even better than a private PSU server.

Lots of advancements have been made to the PPSSPP emulator. It no longer has graphics glitches with this game, and it now has ad-hoc multiplayer working. The emulator is pretty well optimized, so you don't need a super beefy computer to run in high quality graphics.

I've put together an Evolve group to make finding other players and forming parties easier. All in Eden are welcome to join. You can use the group to play Phantasy Star Portable 2 or Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity with other players on PPSSPP emulator. Tutorials for how to setup the emulator can also be found on the Evolve group page:
https://www.evolvehq...e-2-infinity-on

I know emulators can be confusing if you've never used one before, so please feel free to ask me any questions if you have any. I'll gladly answer to the best of by ability. :}

Here is a sample video of me running a mission with some teammates. We're all running the game on the emulator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jYkMgFcXl0

Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:40 pm
Master

Post Re: Phantasy Star Portable 2 / Infinity on PC with Multiplay
Thanks for letting me know, i don't know if you still play, i have used emulatirs to much. I play PSP2, havent played infinity, ive wanted too though. Is the English patch finished yet?

Chivey FO FOnewm Lvl 14x
PSOinfinity Leader/Always recruiting, just let me know!
ACTIVE RAID ON CENTRAL TOWER GROUPING http://forum.edenserv.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4250
Interested in getting new Eden event, let's hear your thoughts! viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4252

KEEPING THE FORUMS ACTIVE IS IMPORTANT, Stop Lurking! :D

Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:04 pm
Rookie

I personally haven't played the game in a couple months, but you should be able to find someone or a group of people in there to play with from time to time.

English patch isn't ready (and no ETA), but it's still being worked on. You can fimd the latest news about it here:

http://gbatemp.net/threads/phantasy-sta ... on.368328/

Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:45 am
Master

Glad that PM got ya! I still pick up PSP2, psp sleep mode is the best it last likes a week straight or longer!! Never used any PPSSPP , but i've been meaning too.

Do you still quest around PSO?

Chivey FO FOnewm Lvl 14x
ACTIVE RAID ON CENTRAL TOWER GROUPING http://forum.edenserv.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4250
Interested in getting new Eden event, let's hear your thoughts! viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4252

Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:50 am
Rookie

YES, sleep mode is the bomb. Quick resuming is crazy convenient. As for PSO, I haven't played it much the past few weeks. I was playing it pretty intense NOV/DEC, but have taken a little break.

Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:05 am
Master

Still have the psp right next to me! XD What level are you in PSP2? I'm level 81/14 Hunter Hucaseal, atm with about 59 hours of play. I fought the last noss recently and he's a doozy. Ohko'd me a few times, or spam of purple bird lazers.

Oh, were you looking to get back into playing at all? I've been trying to get a group of players to run some of the harder content on Eden and run Cmode as well. Experience level doesn't matter, I do ask if you are interested I would love to see your response to the thread below!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4250

My times I play vary, mostly Wed/Sat/Sun, but I can compromise and log on other days as well, it wiuld be awesome to have a group gearin to go before login!

Chivey FO FOnewm Lvl 14x

Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:55 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]