View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 5:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
PS2/PC PSU Servers closing down March 31st 
Rookie

Post PS2/PC PSU Servers closing down March 31st
http://phantasystaruniverse.com/news_item.php?item=nid126
Free play gets turned on tomorrow, so if you have ever had a subscription you get 2 free months of PSU.
Don't know if anyone here cares given all the hate PSU gets, but if you enjoyed the game it might be fun to play it again.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:50 pm
King

Post Re: PS2/PC PSU Servers closing down March 31st
XD

I was banned for absolutely no reason months into it.
I bought the expansion anyway, even though I never even beat the original in story mode.
For some reason, it's slightly sad seeing it go, even though I didn't really play all that much...
Can expect nothing less from Sonic Team though.
No private server makes matters even worse.

Also; This is U.S. only, am I right?

Tewi dealwithit said (6:15 PM)
OH GOD OH GOD OH FUCKING GOD IM BEING CHASED BY A FUCKING PACK OF BEARS BEING LEAD BY MORE BEARS THESE LEADER BEARS HAVE BEARDS THAT ARE QUITE FABULOUS AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH GOD HELP ME ETHAN!

[c=#2EB7DE]Mudkip[/c] [c=47]x3[/c] says (8:17 PM)
im so lost right now lol
Et3rnal Guardian says (8:17 PM)
i wanna laugh my head off riht now
XxNaHtExX says (8:18 PM)
I'm doing those shrooms now.

"I blame not Heather, but rather a society, that tells it's youth, that the answers can be found in the MTV video games. We must pray that the other teenagers of Sherwood, Ohio know the name of that righteous dude who can solve their problems; It's Jesus Christ, and he's in the book. Amen."
-Heathers (1989)

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:01 pm
Profile YIM
色とりどり

Yeah, it's US only.

If there are enough people to play with I may consider reinstalling the game...or attempting to run it from a previous installation on another OS. Still not sure if I'd be on it all that much...

Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:07 pm
Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, it's US only.

EU also.

I guess I should also mention that Maximum Attack G+ is starting tomorrow which is basically
forest through ruins with a weird Dark Falz fish boss thingy, 250% exp boost, PA exp boost, rare drops etc.
I don't know what the + means but it must be something positive.

This is robochi btw.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:57 pm
Lord

i wouldnt be shocked if scht builds a private server

Boredom - A severe disease infecting millions of people all over the world in which they constantly exhibit certain behaviours like lack of movement, construction of various pointless structures, doodling, talking about pointless things, and taking pictures of feet. There is no known cure, though the symptoms do seem to fade when victim is introduced to something time consuming or slightly entertaining, such as television or counting nails in a wall. Though is it a very severe and wide-spread epidemic, it is not fatal, though attempts to get rid of the disease have known to be fatal at times.

Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:13 am
King

With such encription i really doubt that.

I just hope ppl don't move to the xbox 360 because of this otherwise later they will experience this problem once more

Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:40 am
Profile WWW
King

There was a rumor floating around sometime back that Schthack (Scht himself) was working on a PSU server.
Was told that's what he meant by "working on new and better things".
But it's probably just a rumor; I have no way to verify this.

Also... there was a discussion about a PSU private server on the I.G. forums...

------
PSU Server uses Secure Shell Layers (SSL) RSA 1024 with RC4 128, If we look at these infos carefully we notice that making a PSU private server would be impossible.

1) It uses a SSL Connection.
2) It uses a 128 byts encrypted key which would be impossible to decrypt.

2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 = 128 which would make a key like that :

xx xx xx xx xx xx xx going to 0 to F for each Array.

Don't even dream to play on a PSU server.

If this could help someone...For every request, this is impossible.
And if i see any noob saying "Notingg is impossible" then i would just ask. Then do it :D

-Manaknayda
------

It is not impossible geez ....ok I'm really bored and am gonna do the math to figure out the possibilities

so 00 - ff is 225 numbers

and there is 7 XX
so that means it would be 225^7
255^7 = 70110209207109375
and you have one out of those possibilities of figuring it out
so
1/70110209207109375 = 1.4263257966410363391057337235369e-17
or
so that means you have a
0.0000000000000014263257966410363391057337235369% chance of figuring it out
so it is possible ....just not probable

-Hendershizzle
------

You don't need to crack it. I already have a packet logger, and no its not a proxy, its a dll that i inject into the client and the way I do it GameGuard doesn't detect it.

So really all you need is the unencrypted packets and when you get them, you can make the server.

Theres a packet that you send to the client that actually disables the encryption. So when you connect to a private server, the private server can disable the encryption, but that would allow hacks, right? So instead of disabling it just NOP their encryption calls and then add your own.

I just like how you guys say its near impossible to make the server since its using SSL.

-Raven0123
------

I already did. If you didn't know, when the client gets the packet it needs to decrypt it. So all you do is put a hook right after it decrypts it and there you go you have the unencrypted packet, but at the same time you need to bypass GameGuard's CRC Check which I have a driver that does that. So yeah.... :P

I am working on this server with DeadlyData, the founder of TheDefaced (http://thedefaced.org/).
------

I'm coding the server in C++, my packet DLL is in C++ with some ASM.

Yeah but anyway my development kinda slowed down since I'm having problems with sega's billing system (it won't let me buy an account), and that I also broke my packet capture DLL. Dx I can't fix it until I get home and get on my main PC, since my laptop doesn't have the game on it.

P.S.
BTW if anyone wants a PSU: Atoi offline client exe that has gameguard completely removed and unpacked I can upload it. I also did the online version but thats not being released, it wouldn't help anyway since as soon as you get to the char select screen, the server DCs you.
- Raven0123
------

And so on and so fourth.
Original topic: http://www.infamousnugz.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=675&st=0

Raven did post the logs, but because the download link no longer works, I have no way to tell what he has.

I have both Raven and Manak on MSN though...

Tewi dealwithit said (6:15 PM)
OH GOD OH GOD OH FUCKING GOD IM BEING CHASED BY A FUCKING PACK OF BEARS BEING LEAD BY MORE BEARS THESE LEADER BEARS HAVE BEARDS THAT ARE QUITE FABULOUS AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH GOD HELP ME ETHAN!

[c=#2EB7DE]Mudkip[/c] [c=47]x3[/c] says (8:17 PM)
im so lost right now lol
Et3rnal Guardian says (8:17 PM)
i wanna laugh my head off riht now
XxNaHtExX says (8:18 PM)
I'm doing those shrooms now.

"I blame not Heather, but rather a society, that tells it's youth, that the answers can be found in the MTV video games. We must pray that the other teenagers of Sherwood, Ohio know the name of that righteous dude who can solve their problems; It's Jesus Christ, and he's in the book. Amen."
-Heathers (1989)

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:44 pm
Profile YIM
Champion

Xbox is way better then pc, I'm played the xbox 360 version for 3 years, and made about 5 lv 150s,.. delete alot of lv 100's :/ max attack is on so if you ever wanna play PSU on xbox 360 now is the time. lvling is faster, but it's a shame to see the PC/PS2 servers shutting down, people put alot of work on their characters for it to shut down, R.I.P PC/PS2.

When Seaguls cry...
---------------------------------------------

Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:40 am
Champion

While we are sad to see the PC/PS2 version of Phantasy Star Universe end, the year 2010 is the 10th anniversary of Phantasy Star Online -- and this server / service closure is helping to pave the way for bigger and better things for the Phantasy Star franchise in the very near future!
------

That got my curiosity...

Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]