View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Some Ambient Tunes 
God

Post Some Ambient Tunes
First of all these are rough takes so they're subject to change haha Will be doing a album with my two dudes ( Drummer & Singer ) so the drums will be put last! Any ways here ... Enjoy or hate either way it's nice to share i say. P.S I'm the guitar dude....

Forest Song

Surya

Nostalgia

Rituals ( small clip )

all i heard was flaps ...and ping pong balls from that bangkok dude errr i mean girl

my tradelist >>>> http://edenserv.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=747

Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:21 pm
King

Post Re: Some Ambient Tunes
Nice mate, not a huge fan of ambient music but it sounds good. I'm sure i remember you posting the guitar for nostalgia ages ago, sounds a lot more refined now, in fact i remember a couple of these tunes (unless my mind be playing tricks). Like Forest song.

Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:02 pm
God

Aye dude you have heard most of them, I'm just a bit bored of playing rock n roll haha ( Will all ways play it and love it regardless ) Thanks any ways dude, When you coming back to PSO ? I've been back on the past few days.

all i heard was flaps ...and ping pong balls from that bangkok dude errr i mean girl

Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:41 am
Nobody did what? T.T

I meant to post in here a while ago too. As Doc said, I found some songs (like Nostalgia and Forest Song themes) to be reminiscent of stuff you've posted here in the past, and to see what you've done with them (as a band) is very impressive. The guitar feels very solid. I can't wait to hear what these will sound like with some percussion, but I'm sure it'll be cool.

Now because I like being nitpicky with singing (some people in my family do sing, and I do have some arbitrarily subjective views on singing):

Some of the vocals reverberating around seem to 'muddle' together, albeit not super frequently (mainly some parts of Surya, i.e. ~20 seconds into the song). I don't mind the reverb, but a bit more clarity on it might strengthen it. The lyrics to some of the songs (particularly Forest and Nostalgia) are very interesting, but I'd love to hear the singer hit some of the high notes with a little more pipes (@Nostalgia, ~1:35, the high note could be held for a bit longer, and with a bit more strength in my opinion).

Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:17 am
God

No One wrote:
I meant to post in here a while ago too. As Doc said, I found some songs (like Nostalgia and Forest Song themes) to be reminiscent of stuff you've posted here in the past, and to see what you've done with them (as a band) is very impressive. The guitar feels very solid. I can't wait to hear what these will sound like with some percussion, but I'm sure it'll be cool.

Now because I like being nitpicky with singing (some people in my family do sing, and I do have some arbitrarily subjective views on singing):

Some of the vocals reverberating around seem to 'muddle' together, albeit not super frequently (mainly some parts of Surya, i.e. ~20 seconds into the song). I don't mind the reverb, but a bit more clarity on it might strengthen it. The lyrics to some of the songs (particularly Forest and Nostalgia) are very interesting, but I'd love to hear the singer hit some of the high notes with a little more pipes (@Nostalgia, ~1:35, the high note could be held for a bit longer, and with a bit more strength in my opinion).

Oh i don't mind views on stuff dude ! It's all about helping out one way or another in his defense though these are just one take rough ideas on both our parts, He can sing when he puts his all in ( Live mostly ) but thanks none the less dude ! I do agree that they need more OOOSHT! and they will do when we get together as a band, Our old friend and bassist will be recording bass lines from India and sending them over for us to mix in haha I find that kinda awesome .. Love technology and all that !

Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:03 pm
King

Bushie Boy wrote:
Aye dude you have heard most of them, I'm just a bit bored of playing rock n roll haha ( Will all ways play it and love it regardless ) Thanks any ways dude, When you coming back to PSO ? I've been back on the past few days.

I see what you're saying mate, especially from a guitarist's point of view that good rock and roll is usually simple (and can get a little boring to play) , 12 bar blues stuff, expanding your tastes will only add to your style mate and keep it fresh. Most people lock themselves to a genre, i can understand why due to their inspirations and their taste in music but it's not the best way IF you are a music lover, treat it like a big ass cocktail (using that sequence of words to you might not be a good idea).

I don't like saying never but i just ain't feeling PSO mate, right now swtor and dayz have my attention, maybe when i'm done with em but i don't know. Don't think i will be playing swtor too much longer, game is piss easy, it's like green hill zone in the mmo world :s

Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]