View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Gamer going to Prison for 8 years 
Rookie

Post Gamer going to Prison for 8 years
A Texas teenager who has been in jail since March faces an eight-year prison sentence because of a threatening joke he made while playing an online video game.

In February, Justin Carter was playing “League of Legends” — an online, multiplayer fantasy game — when another player wrote a comment calling him insane. Carter’s response, which he now deeply regrets, was intended as joke.

“He replied ‘Oh yeah, I’m real messed up in the head, I’m going to go shoot up a school full of kids and eat their still, beating hearts,’ and the next two lines were lol and jk,” said Jack Carter, Justin’s father, in a statement to a local news channel.

Read More

Thera is a Petition set up on Change.org to get him out of jail and back to his family and back to gaming with all of us. Click here For the Petition

Honestly, I may seem like a HUGE asshole and yes I am i'll be the first to admit. However just from a joke he dosn't deserve this.

Thank you for reading.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:36 am
Lord

Post Re: Gamer going to Prison for 8 years
This is such old news on the league forums.

But yes, 18 year old kid Justin Carter is now in jail and will be for 8 years after making a violent online threat concerning "Shooting up kids at a school and eating their still beating hearts", claiming it was a sarcastic joke. This comment was made directly after the school shooting a few years back.

Later a Canadian mother (who had been stalking Justin Carter's facebook, email address, and many other things for quite a few months before hand) saw the comment and reported it to the FBI and Police in Texas, then later went to see on Google maps if he was near any kind of small elementary school; no such luck.

The kid should be in jail imo, there was no reason to say such a atrocious comment like that, and he should learn his lesson. But I believe that the Canadian mother should be tried and put to jail as well for not only stalking all of his online accounts for months before hand, but not minding her own business when it was in out of her country affairs. She should be in jail too.

Though it was a sarcastic comment, obviously, he shouldn't be in jail for 8 years, lets try something more like 4 months. It's not like he was going to actually do it, where as older news, XJ9 (another former league player who's now going to be in custody soon), was actually intending to kill the person he made death threats to.

Stop taking things too literally society.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:49 am
Profile WWW
Rookie

:/ Honestly i cant say he deserve's this. It honestly not fair because I myself have said worse then this. But I cant stay around a community this malicious. Truly if you think that way, your not a gamer or a part of our huge family. But im not going to justify what im saying ill vacate myself from this forums and this community. I cant stand people like this, and others that dont care.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:21 am
Lord

I'm not a gamer because I have a personal opinion on matters?

ok.

Listen if you can't handle others having a different opinion, then if you want to leave, then don't pester me about it. I stated my well thought out opinion and what i think his actual punishment should be. We are not a big huge family, the online gaming community. If that were true there would be no fighting among games, no wars among who is better at what, it's not a family. We here, at PSOBB eden are a family because we embrace our new members, but we also embrace a difference in opinion. We may not enjoy other's broad amount of opinions, and some of them may offend us, but that's not a reason to call us "non gamers" and rage quit a server because you had a different idea on the matter.

If you can't deal with this, why are you on the internet at all?

Nobody wants anybody to go, but if you feel it's necessary to leave thanks to my opinion, I'm not going to take it back, so please, dont let me stop you.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:41 am
Profile WWW
Local GM

Orchel wrote:
But I cant stay around a community this malicious.

Ehh, only one person answered ... its not the whole community.
And i am agree about web family Idea of C00.

About this poor guys who end in jail because of a weird joke its sad, but as i know
you should say weird/dangerous/important things to people you don't know, and especially on the Internet,
that's why i talk of "borderline" topic only with people i know from age and i have some truth.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:25 pm
God

I personally would have slapped his face with my dongakong and let it be!

People say things... Stupid things ( Like i did just there ) but unless the words we speak are met with action or true intent then what does it matter ?

Did i sound like Spiderman's Uncle there ?

all i heard was flaps ...and ping pong balls from that bangkok dude errr i mean girl

my tradelist >>>> http://edenserv.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=747

Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:31 pm
Lord

Bushie Boy wrote:
I personally would have slapped wyatt's face with my dongakong and let it be!

fix'd

Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:49 pm
Profile WWW
Local GM

Bushie Boy wrote:
Did i sound like Spiderman's Uncle there ?

Na, but you look more of a leather and whip fetish :3

Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:51 am
God

Come ere ! Time to wet penis slap yer face ! hahahah

RoRoRo Your Boat you know me all too well hahahah But seriously America needs a slap man ... 8 years for verbal abuse ... Joke of a justice system.

all i heard was flaps ...and ping pong balls from that bangkok dude errr i mean girl

my tradelist >>>> http://edenserv.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=747

Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:31 am
Lord

that's murica for you.

Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:15 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next