View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:28 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Guild Wars 2 
God

Post Guild Wars 2
Any of yous sex muffins on this lovely piece of gaming ( This is how MMO's should be made, I hated MMO's before this )

I'm on the Aurora Glade server.

all i heard was flaps ...and ping pong balls from that bangkok dude errr i mean girl

my tradelist >>>> http://edenserv.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=747

Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:59 am
King

Post Re: Guild Wars 2
Bollocks, i just started star wars the old republic last week with a couple of real life pals, i don't see them quitting for guild wars 2. Shame :(

Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:09 am
Lord

Docta wrote:
Bollocks, i just started star wars the old republic last week with a couple of real life pals, i don't see them quitting for guild wars 2. Shame :(

what server are you on? Im downloading the patchess still.

I started the when the game came out first and then they stole my account from me, so now im restarting.

Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:46 am
Profile WWW
God

I really wanted to love The Old Republic but it didn't do it for me. Might buy the full thing soon though.

all i heard was flaps ...and ping pong balls from that bangkok dude errr i mean girl

Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:31 pm
Lord

Bushie Boy wrote:
I really wanted to love The Old Republic but it didn't do it for me. Might buy the full thing soon though.

It's now all F2P (I still want my fucking money back Bioware) and now we can all play it without it costing a single dime, unless you want to pay for the exclusives.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:00 pm
Profile WWW
God

I'm aware its F2P .. but its F2P very fucking limited .. not worth, Once you play GW2 you look at all these pay for everything MMO's and say "Fcuk off!".

Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:53 pm
Lord

Bushie Boy wrote:
I'm aware its F2P .. but its F2P very fucking limited .. not worth, Once you play GW2 you look at all these pay for everything MMO's and say "Fcuk off!".

I would prefer a game to be F2P rather than pay for it, even if there are greater quality things out there than TOR, TOR is still a excellent game and it's F2P so I'm afraid I'll have to stick to that.

Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:33 pm
Profile WWW
King

The F2P model in the old republic is atrocious, they take every chance they can get to remind you what you're missing out on, kills the little immersion that exists. However, i understand their need to make cash for running servers and whatnot, the best thing to do is ignore the F2P and just pay a subscription like WOW or EVE online, cuts out all the shit and you don't have to put up with 99% of the game missing. The F2P model for lord of the rings was miles better, they should have used that as a template.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:21 am
Lord

Docta wrote:
The F2P model in the old republic is atrocious, they take every chance they can get to remind you what you're missing out on, kills the little immersion that exists. However, i understand their need to make cash for running servers and whatnot, the best thing to do is ignore the F2P and just pay a subscription like WOW or EVE online, cuts out all the shit and you don't have to put up with 99% of the game missing. The F2P model for lord of the rings was miles better, they should have used that as a template.

It's not a horrible model, and tbh, they already got all of their money from all of the sales of the original sales of the disks, i bought on of those disks, and the subscription a month was pathetically rather intelligent (25/month). So a 60 dollar disk, on top of 25/month PER subscription, makes for a lot of money. Especially since 90% of the WoW community quit WoW for that game when it first came out.

I don't exactly know where you got your info from, where 99% of the game is gone, the game is still there, and it's obviously still 100% free and 100% able to use without paying, because other wise they'd get sued for false advertisement. WoW still has the reminders of what you could be getting if you payed, EVERY MMO does that. It's a way of trying to get you to pay regardless of whether it's free or not. WoW went F2P completely months before TOR did, and the only thing you need to buy are the disks to install the add ons. The only real difference between TOR's F2P model and WoW's, is that TOR has a launcher that can patch the entire game for you, and very quickly; so you dont have to buy the disk again to reinstall the game. Though if you'd like to buy the 5 dollah exclusives for the game, that'd be great too.

The Elderscrolls Online is coming out soon, and that's going to be F2P from the start, but i guarantee that you're gonna have to buy the disk in order to install it. And there are going to be ads asking you to buy exclusives, because every MMO in existence has done that and has either done it right or wrong; though some times it doesnt matter how wrong they operated it, as long as they got sales from their good content, they got their money.

WoW is crumbling miserably. It's ratings and player base is going down, and the no-lifers are actually starting to become nice people, which means WoW has lost its finesse.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:50 am
Profile WWW
God

-C00- wrote:
Docta wrote:

It's not a horrible model, and tbh, they already got all of their money from all of the sales of the original sales of the disks, i bought on of those disks, and the subscription a month was pathetically rather intelligent (25/month). So a 60 dollar disk, on top of 25/month PER subscription, makes for a lot of money. Especially since 90% of the WoW community quit WoW for that game when it first came out.

I don't exactly know where you got your info from, where 99% of the game is gone, the game is still there, and it's obviously still 100% free and 100% able to use without paying, because other wise they'd get sued for false advertisement. WoW still has the reminders of what you could be getting if you payed, EVERY MMO does that. It's a way of trying to get you to pay regardless of whether it's free or not. WoW went F2P completely months before TOR did, and the only thing you need to buy are the disks to install the add ons. The only real difference between TOR's F2P model and WoW's, is that TOR has a launcher that can patch the entire game for you, and very quickly; so you dont have to buy the disk again to reinstall the game. Though if you'd like to buy the 5 dollah exclusives for the game, that'd be great too.

The Elderscrolls Online is coming out soon, and that's going to be F2P from the start, but i guarantee that you're gonna have to buy the disk in order to install it. And there are going to be ads asking you to buy exclusives, because every MMO in existence has done that and has either done it right or wrong; though some times it doesnt matter how wrong they operated it, as long as they got sales from their good content, they got their money.

WoW is crumbling miserably. It's ratings and player base is going down, and the no-lifers are actually starting to become nice people, which means WoW has lost its finesse.

loada crap ... on TOR you're basically a fucking walking disability on the F2P, once you buy a game that should be it.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:00 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next