View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:46 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Guild Wars 2 
Lord

Post Re: Guild Wars 2
None of this makes any sense, you guys are talking a lot of non sense.

You don't have to pay for ANYTHING anymore. You USED to have to pay a monthly sub, but that was it, other than buying the disk. Nowadays you no longer have to buy the disk, or the sub, you just make an account and play.

Why is this such bs in your eyes?

Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:50 pm
Profile WWW
God

The reason it's BS is because the restrictions from not paying a dime is utterly ridiculous... basically a neutered game, That's a fact! No matter what skivvy shit you throw at me by saying "But it's still F2P". I'd rather pay the £40 for game ( MMO ) and then that be it! No monthly fee's, no paying to travel, for mounts, to be able to trade with other players etc etc etc etc etc ( The list really does go on and on for TOR ), Look at it this way.

You buy a game like Gw2 for $60 or whatever it is in the U.S and for that you have access to EVERYTHING like EVERYONE else, A thriving community ( might i add GW2 rewards you literally for helping others and being sociable ), Constant maintenance etc... Now if you want Legendary weapons you can guy Gems with real money and swap them for gold and what not but those weapons are still available to everyone. So yeah that's most F2P games are shit.

all i heard was flaps ...and ping pong balls from that bangkok dude errr i mean girl

my tradelist >>>> http://edenserv.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=747

Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:34 pm
Lord

Bushie Boy wrote:
The reason it's BS is because the restrictions from not paying a dime is utterly ridiculous... basically a neutered game, That's a fact! No matter what skivvy shit you throw at me by saying "But it's still F2P". I'd rather pay the £40 for game ( MMO ) and then that be it! No monthly fee's, no paying to travel, for mounts, to be able to trade with other players etc etc etc etc etc ( The list really does go on and on for TOR ), Look at it this way.

You buy a game like Gw2 for $60 or whatever it is in the U.S and for that you have access to EVERYTHING like EVERYONE else, A thriving community ( might i add GW2 rewards you literally for helping others and being sociable ), Constant maintenance etc... Now if you want Legendary weapons you can guy Gems with real money and swap them for gold and what not but those weapons are still available to everyone. So yeah that's most F2P games are shit.

Okay you are kind of complaining about why TOR is "shit" based on guidelines that they do not follow.

They go P2P for the first few months by you needing to buy the game, and pay a subscription. Like everybody else, you pay the same amount, and you get the same amount. Only time you'd get something extra is if you'd pay extra, but everybody can pay extra.

The game goes F2P after those few months, you don't have to buy the game or pay the monthly subscription. Nobody pays, everybody gets the same amount of the game, for no payments. You may still get the extras, if you pay for them, everybody can pay for them, and it is an option to pay for them. If you don't want to pay, that is fine, you still get the entire game to play for free.

You're arguing points about why MMO's that require monthly fees are "shit" but that's what the basis that every MMO has run off of since the beginning of time, and you've always gotten the same amount of content, for the same amount of payment. What you're saying is like telling the game designers to keep making people pay for the game and pay the monthly fee, but then let the people who dont pay the monthly fee get the same amount of game and the same amount of reward out of it. It doesn't work like that.

If you want the extra content, then get the extra content; if you don't, then feel free not to get it. It will not affect your game play either way, they are extras, they are meant to be small insignificant things.

Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:45 pm
Profile WWW
God

Exactly .. TOR followed the same piss outlines as every other MMO and that's why it and others are failing to games like GW2, People are clicking onto it nowadays and aren't fucking idiots who buy a game outright then have to continuously pay to play the game! What fucking nonsense is that ! If they all look at GW2 and follow that guideline i can guarantee you those dying MMO's you mentioned above and more would have a major increase in player base.

As for TOR's FTP .. I've seen it, read it and read it again ( this wasn't that long ago ) and the greed that went with that FTP was atrocious, Simple things that any normal game would have you had to pay for .. If you think that's fine by all means continue being a mug whilst i and others get everything out of a MMO we need and more without paying anything after the initial one payment ( which is fair in my eyes especially after all the hard work they put it )

Moral of the story here is pay nothing and get a wee pokey bum wank or pay outright like you do for any other game and get a gang bang.

all i heard was flaps ...and ping pong balls from that bangkok dude errr i mean girl

Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:47 am
Champion

I played Guild wars 2, off and on for 2months, then i went back to aion, it has potential and... the buy the game is pretty neat, so you dont have those idioits playing it, spam bots etc...
I gotta admit i enjoyed playing Guild wars 2, just got boring because i had noone to play with and now the servers cost money to transfer, basically my server got deserted and i couldnt do any events :x

Overall it is a good game, and its free unless yu can download it for free now? :O

When Seaguls cry...
---------------------------------------------

Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:39 am
God

Luckily you can just guest over to other servers *cough*

Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:02 pm
Lord

Bushie Boy wrote:
Exactly .. TOR followed the same piss outlines as every other MMO and that's why it and others are failing to games like GW2, People are clicking onto it nowadays and aren't fucking idiots who buy a game outright then have to continuously pay to play the game! What fucking nonsense is that ! If they all look at GW2 and follow that guideline i can guarantee you those dying MMO's you mentioned above and more would have a major increase in player base.

As for TOR's FTP .. I've seen it, read it and read it again ( this wasn't that long ago ) and the greed that went with that FTP was atrocious, Simple things that any normal game would have you had to pay for .. If you think that's fine by all means continue being a mug whilst i and others get everything out of a MMO we need and more without paying anything after the initial one payment ( which is fair in my eyes especially after all the hard work they put it )

Moral of the story here is pay nothing and get a wee pokey bum wank or pay outright like you do for any other game and get a gang bang.

but thats the thing, it's not failing to GW2. I'm even willing to place money betting that it's doing BETTER than GW2.

Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:27 pm
Profile WWW
God

-C00- wrote:
Bushie Boy wrote:

but thats the thing, it's not failing to GW2. I'm even willing to place money betting that it's doing BETTER than GW2.

You sir are a fool.... It's EA at the end of the day so have the scraps of the game or pay for everything, Also before you go "TOR has 2 million new players" think hard about how vague that sentence is. If TOR is doing better than GW2 then slap me ... seriously slap me and I'll come on TOR and give EA/Bioware all my money i work for so they can let me use a mount, wont cap my EXP, Limit me to 2 character slots etc.

More importantly have you even played GW2 ?! ...

Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:45 pm
Lord

I think more importantly, have you even played TOR, do you even know anything about how free MMO's run, and are you even aware of how little sense ur making?

Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:52 pm
Profile WWW
King

Well i can only speak from my own experience and i have to agree with Bushie, playing TOR while F2P is piss poor. Now that i'm paying a subscription it feels tons more playable, i wouldn't have stuck through the F2P period if i didn't have pals playing.

Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:14 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next