View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Honest question - sticking to PSOBB? I'd like to hear why. 

Where do you stand? (Pick as many that apply)
I play PSO2 exclusively. 8%  8%  [ 4 ]
I play PSO2 and PSOBB both quite happily. 22%  22%  [ 11 ]
I don't play PSO2 because PSOBB is overall a better game. 14%  14%  [ 7 ]
I don't play PSO2 because PSOBB is better suited for controllers. 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
I don't play PSO2 because my computer can't run PSO2. 8%  8%  [ 4 ]
I would play PSO2 if there was an English version. 22%  22%  [ 11 ]
I don't play PSO2 because of the F2P+microtransaction system. 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
I don't play PSO2 for community reasons. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I don't play PSO2 because I'm too nostalgic for PSOBB. 6%  6%  [ 3 ]
Other (please do explain). 12%  12%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 51

Honest question - sticking to PSOBB? I'd like to hear why. 
Champion

Post Honest question - sticking to PSOBB? I'd like to hear why.
Keep it clean - this isn't a debate thread. I really just want to know if you're sticking to Blue Burst instead of moving to 2, and why.

I'd like for this to be a thread where anyone can post their reasons in whatever biased manner they'd like without anyone calling them names.

I posted this in here instead of the PSO2 section because it's more geared towards people who aren't playing PSO2. I want to know what you guys think. :)

Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:55 am
King

Post Re: Honest question - sticking to PSOBB? I'd like to hear wh
PSO2 has a system similar to PSOBB.
If i don't play PSO BB then i won't put much effort into PSO2, i may like it, i may socialize, but i won't do as much as i do with other games.

My style is usually with no online features at all, i like things such as playing skyrim without using steam, i like playing mass effect 3 without origin, i like PSO as long i can play offline and so on.

Last edited by K_I_R_E_E_K on Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:29 am
Profile WWW
King

I would try pso2 if there was an english version, i have other stuff in my life and i just don't have the time or patience to decipher chicken scratches just to play a game. I would try it but i'm not sure how it would sit with me, judging by what i've seen and heard it doesn't have many classic rpg elements, stuff like manual evasion and shots not missing are elements of an action game (really no need for evasion stats and accuracy stats), the game sounds like it's confused between an action game and an rpg.

Also stuff like buying a mag reset, scape dolls, additional mags and (worst of all) +100% experience. There's a fine line between a good and bad F2P model, now people might say "you don't have to buy it if you don't want to" and while that's true, but as soon as your paying cash to gain an advantage over other players (even in a PVE environment) then you've lost my vote. They should have just made a monthly subscription model, at least that way you would see that your cash is going to improving their servers and there would be some commitment and thus longevity to their servers, i honestly think the pay to win mentality will get worse over time and when they decide to close their servers it will get atrocious. Fact of the matter is people that pay will be more successful and faster at leveling than people that don't pay(subscription would have avoided that), to quote captain Picard "the line must be drawn here" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztB_q1Yg ... re=related

However this is all speculative opinion and is by no means my end opinion of the game, once i've got a chance to play it then im sure my opinion will change somewhat, just offering my opinion folks so don't bash me for it.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:24 am
Champion

Well sadly my computer is ancient so I couldn't play pso2 if I wanted to. I'm sure I would give it a try though, and also pretty much everything doc said...lol.

Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:13 pm
Master

well d try to play it, if there where an english version. But as I cant even run Portal 2 properly I dunno if my system could handle A new game like PSO 2 honestly lolz. So for now, Sticking to psobb. why? Meh, its fun
-falls over screen greys out-
-cencered- FLOWERS!
[megid joke.. yay.]

Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:39 pm
Rookie

>Because my computer cant run it

Yeah, this is pretty much the main thing stopping me from playing PSO2 at all. Seeing as how the thing is much too old and there isn't anything I, personally speaking, can do about that just yet. People seem to tell me that it isnt too demanding, but I'm sure there's no way in hell that something from twelve years ago is going to run it at all.

>Because it isn't in English quite yet

This one isn't so much a problem, considering last I had heard, PSO2 is coming overseas in, like, sometime 2013. Course, barring what I just said, the language barrier is generally a thing for me, and I usually wait for translations/localizations first.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:06 pm
Rookie

Once it's released in "English" for the U.S.A. I will most definitely play it. But, I will also still play PSOBB. As long as there is a quality PSOBB server around like Eden I'll keep on keeping on!

Kdouble
Pr0phet

Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:55 pm
Rookie

Tried PSO2. Loving some of the improvements, but really need it in English. Once it comes out, I'll play both.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:17 pm
Rookie

PSO2 seems like it will be pretty awesome, I am not sure whether I will play it or not. PSOBB isn't a demanding game, and on this server I can happily hunt items without having to worry too much about leveling. This server is why I am still playing. I feel like pso2 may be too demanding and take up too much time. Working and being in college takes up most of my day, so I don't want to play anything that I feel may take up more time.

Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:33 pm
Champion

I'm hoping for PSO2 to be much like PSO. PSO Is my favourite game of all time, so I might not be playing at all now, but I do stick to the forums since I know I might want to play some more sometime. I see PSO2 as an expansion in this way...

-Anyway-

1. I can't play it because it crashes xD
2. When i'm able to play in english, it will be a different thing because there "will be a story" to it and the new stuff will be available for my comprehension xD

Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:59 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next