View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PSO2 Thoughts 
Champion

Post Re: PSO2 Thoughts
Actually, no, Miekell. I've stated numerous times that I understand it's a beta. So have others. Just because it's a beta doesn't mean I can't find problems with it or things I don't like.

Ultimately, I have a feeling that the basic mechanics of the gameplay are far enough along that not much will change between what we played and what the final game is like. I have a strong feeling the final game will probably be nearly identical gameplay wise, just with more content- weapon types, missions, client orders, a new area or two and plenty more cash shop items. I really doubt they'll change anything as drastic as allowing classes other than forces to use techniques, etc.

Ghost DX / HUcast / Skyly / Mag Farmer
Magz / FOmarl / Viridia / Mag Farmer
Redbot is my main.
My Tradelist
My HWBOT profile

Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:36 pm
King

Yeah we have to remember this is closed beta, and the large majority of the game was unavailable, so I'll reserve judgment on the classes and weapons till I can see a larger variety.

As I said before, I'm not bothered that non-forces cant use techs, and if the PSU-esc advanced classes are introduced there probably will be hunters that can use magic etc.

The bewb wobble was entertaining for a bit, but since I'm seeing the backside of my character most of the time I didn't overly notice.

The enemies were your classic PSO affair, but now with more action in the battles which is why comboing is more crazy, which is probably why rangers and hunters cant use magic, because lets be honest, did they really need support?

I found playing as FO fun, and I like the new chargeable techs and rapid casting, but frustrating that I was constantly out of PP and forced to go back to old fashioned melee.

Whatever the premium features may be, I'll also hold judgment until I know them in there entirety, remeber its free-to-play now, first time in Phantasy Star history so Sega need to make there money from somewhere.

I enjoyed PSO2, it was just like I hoped and shall be eagerly awaiting open beta so I can play again.

Fracks LVL 169
Tager LVL 114
Zoro LVL 22

GC: 42001796

Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:37 pm
色とりどり

hellsent wrote:
I really doubt they'll change anything as drastic as allowing classes other than forces to use techniques, etc.

I think they will.
I'm pretty sure there will be mixed classes, and allowing them to use techs will be the appeal of these classes. You give up a little of the benefit of being a hunter or ranger at the expense of being able to use techs.
And if you think that is too big of a sacrifice just to be able to use techs on non-force classes, then that is your problem.

Jordan wrote:
remeber its free-to-play now, first time in Phantasy Star history so Sega need to make there money from somewhere.

Definitely -- since you're not paying for the game, or the service, you have to give it certain liberties that you wouldn't give games that you did pay for.
Except, dreamcast pso v1 didn't require a monthly fee, just the initial cost of the game.

Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:55 pm
Senior

This May, the Akihabara Game Festival will present two Phantasy Star Online 2 conferences featuring the latest information.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Fan Briefing the 2nd

Date: May 3rd, 2012
Doors Open: 12:00 JST
Part 1: 13:00 JST (Live Stream)
Part 2: 15:30 JST
Each presentation will be different. That is essentially Thursday, May 03, 2012 at 12:00AM EST which literally is a Wednesday night.

During Part 1, Sakai will talk about the new features coming up after the next test (including new fields, new weapons, new story quests, etc.). This will be live streamed on Nico Nico.

During Part 2, Sakai will answer questions submitted by the fans. He will also show a LIVE demonstration of the new field!

Also, I realized..there will be an Open Beta becuase if we reached certian goals during the CBT that we are getting rewards in the OBT

~~:::End Game Goals:::~~
Dark Flow(any stats) -- L&K38 Combat(any stats)
Slicer of Fanatics(any stats)
State/Maint x1

PSO2 - Ship 2 - Miekell

Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:06 pm
Profile WWW
extended rech

There are usually open and full rewards for participating in CBT for any game. Also with any luck OB will run into full release.

o says (15:58):
*I've been tempted to ban a few people in the past simply because I found them annoying.
"Reason for ban: Because I can't punch you in the face."

Give a girl the right shoes and she will conquer the world.

Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:12 pm
Champion

Mayuru wrote:
I love the graphics myself, the environment is pretty stunning. More specifically, those mountains in the forest (waaaay over there on the horizon) were pretty breathtaking.

I thoroughly enjoyed the music, and I especially like what they've done with the level-up tune. XD
I also liked the part where I could jump and change breast size and make a lolicas- nvm.

Also if I still lack a job when OB gets here... S> myself one night per month for premi- nvm again.

so wrong lau.

Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:51 pm
Senior

Lee wrote:
Mayuru wrote:
I love the graphics myself, the environment is pretty stunning. More specifically, those mountains in the forest (waaaay over there on the horizon) were pretty breathtaking.

I thoroughly enjoyed the music, and I especially like what they've done with the level-up tune. XD
I also liked the part where I could jump and change breast size and make a lolicas- nvm.

Also if I still lack a job when OB gets here... S> myself one night per month for premi- nvm again.

so wrong lau.

I dont know i'm laughing over here.

~~:::End Game Goals:::~~
Dark Flow(any stats) -- L&K38 Combat(any stats)
Slicer of Fanatics(any stats)
State/Maint x1

PSO2 - Ship 2 - Miekell

Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:57 pm
Profile WWW
PROSPECTORS!

Mayuru wrote:
There are usually open and full rewards for participating in CBT for any game. Also with any luck OB will run into full release.

Anyone that had a level 20 in CBT gets 500 FUN for the OBT.

Tue May 01, 2012 2:34 am
The mother judge

They'll also get a weapon's display hologram stand thing for their room regardless of their level. Hooray, encouragement to buy rooms!

Tue May 01, 2012 3:03 am
Champion

Karma wrote:
Mayuru wrote:

Anyone that had a level 20 in CBT gets 500 FUN for the OBT.

or level 10 on ship 6...iirc...

GC#s
Main accounts:
-Emma Mae
-Molly V1.1
-Emily Rose
-Inara

-Cain
-Abel
-Archomito
-Starr

-Mustang
-Lt. Havoc
-LtHawkeye
-Anthrax

Tue May 01, 2012 4:17 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next