View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Where do you see yourself down the road? (Serious Thread) 
Local GM

Post Where do you see yourself down the road? (Serious Thread)
In all seriousness, where do you see yourself in say...10 years? I think about this almost every day.

Me, I think I will have a decent job. (Nothing too flashy of course, average middle class job) I will be married with a son and a daughter.
I can see myself living my life like this easily. Mostly the married with a son and daughter part. I want to be a father. :3

Grim futures are allowed if that is what you believe will happen to you.

But it faded and I could see - Being with you was all just a dream "

Girls Dead Monster #1 Fan!

Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:34 pm
PROSPECTORS!

Post Re: Where do you see yourself down the road? (Serious Thread
I see myself sitting in this very cube because it's a stable job and I've been lucky enough to get in here. Sure I'd love to branch out and be SUPER SPECIAL AND ALL I CAN BE, but I don't want to give up stability.

Except I'll be much more involved, rather than doing a lot of grunt work like I am right now. Hopefully I'll have a place of my own with solid internet, I'll still be spending a lot of time streaming (because I swear it'll never get old... unless SOPA passes and somehow ACTUALLY gets enforced). Much like both of you, I'd hope to be with a particular someone... At most I'd like one child. I'm even debating on having one, partially because of my terrible genes (pronated ankles requiring surgery, horribly misaligned teeth requiring five years of braces and much more permanent retainers than most, super thin hair, a particular type of saliva and tooth shape that makes keeping my teeth clean take a lot more effort on my end, just to start) and because I'm not too fond of the thought of bringing new life into this world and forcing them to deal with it (school systems are getting worse and worse, as just one example).

I've been rather patient with my love life for a rather long time, since I don't want to pursue it too heavily until I've got a decent grip on the world. I've got someone in mind, but as our situations are right now it wouldn't work too well to be impatient. Perhaps in 10 years I'll be with her. I know life isn't particularly long, but I'd rather be single for a long period of time than constantly in and out of relationships.

My life will probably be pretty mediocre in terms of super awesome accomplishments; I'm not expecting to become super famous or anything, but I do plan on making a good living and enjoying myself, which is all that really matters.

I'll keep playing video games and making chiptunes, nothing too out of the ordinary.

As long as I make a difference to someone, I'll die happy. :)

Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:37 pm
Champion

Long Version:
If I'm still around I plan to be in much the same state I am in now. I have enough money to get necessities and some things I like as well as have the ability to play games I like. I don't plan on having any relationships since I am not a big fan of being with someone cause we get along / care about each other / are physically attracted as those reason to me mean nothing. I do not want to have a child as I do not feel it is fair to bring a child into THIS world. If in 10 years the human race can actually act like they have some kind of common sense and compassion then maybe that will change.

Short Version:
Playing video games
Listening to non mainstream music
Watching movies
Programming in C# on and off

Alustriel 16x Hucaseal

Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:13 pm
Profile YIM
Global moderator

Six feet under.

Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:13 am
God

RikaPSO wrote:
Six feet under.

this ...

all i heard was flaps ...and ping pong balls from that bangkok dude errr i mean girl

my tradelist >>>> http://edenserv.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=747

Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:45 am
PROSPECTORS!

Bushie Boy wrote:
Six feet under with a world record for the highest level of blood alcohol concentration ever achieved in a human body

Fixed that for you, Bushie. <3

Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:52 am
God

Karma wrote:
Bushie Boy wrote:
Six feet under with a world record for the highest level of blood alcohol concentration ever achieved in a human body

Fixed that for you, Bushie. <3

hahahah <3 you karma ! where did i say that ? must have been drunk .. clearly haha

all i heard was flaps ...and ping pong balls from that bangkok dude errr i mean girl

my tradelist >>>> http://edenserv.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=747

Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:54 am
Champion

dead at age 28.

nothing special.

Characters:
var00
Cross
Shen
Dovakhiin

Team Dovakhiin-
http://www.youtube.com/user/ultimatezeldaplayer

Subscribe

Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:12 pm
Champion

Oh sheez. Where do I see myself? That...depends.

I'm gonna need to give you guys some backstory for this, please bear with me as I have a bit of a whinge. I'll spoiler it.

Okay. So I was born with mild cerebral palsy (a form of brain damage) and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (genetic disorder that makes me exceptionally flexible, to the point my joints can literally dislocate at will), I also have seizures, have an anxiety disorder, PROBABLY have lupus, very likely have endometriosis (involves the girlbits - don't ask) and right now...well. Right now, I'm sicker than the metaphorical dog, so fragile I could probably be snapped in half, going through test after test and medication after medication to try and get more diagnoses as to what all is wrong with me, and quite frankly I'm not exactly sure I'm anywhere near mentally stable. Plus there's the fact I have very little hand-eye coordination and horrible balance, so pretty much anything I do carries almost a one hundred percent risk of severely injuring or possibly killing me. I hate seeming weak and depressed about this, but honestly? I hate it so much. Half the time I wish I would just up and die to make it end.

Yeah. I'm a mess.

*cough*

Now, as for where I see myself?

Actually, if I'm honest...I see myself pretty much just as I am now. I see myself living, trying to make friends, having fun, and just generally flipping life and all its little annoyances the metaphorical finger. I see myself trying my best to kick my problems in what might pass for their genitals (sorry for any cringing, men) and just doing what the hell I want. I see myself living.

(...I suppose I also see myself either in a hospital bed, unable to do so much as move a finger, or dead, but I try to ignore those possible endings.)

Resident healbitch PRUney with a reckless streak and a pink sword. Feel free to ask me for help, I don't bite. Unless you ask.

Sera - Skyly - HUnewearl - Level 170
Alicia - Purplenum - FOnewearl - Level 57
Riot - Pinkal - RAcaseal - Level 39
Lily - Redria - HUnewearl - Level 47

Trade list, with even more sexy fisticuffs!

Sera: I think I make it a point to get Megid'd at least once a run XD

Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:06 pm
Profile WWW
Champion

I don't really know what to say Tachyon's...

I guess i'll just go with mine, and act as if it hadn't got to me :/

Nope, can't.

Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next