View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Things having to do with personal issues and such 
Champion

Post Re: Things having to do with personal issues and such
Vent wrote:
Var, I think you are way off, keep your feelings to yourself cause nobody cares and really, I don't want to know. If I was your dad I think I would be sickened but that just me.

*edit*
p.s. I think I hate you.

wth vent... really...?

Characters:
var00
Cross
Shen
Dovakhiin

Team Dovakhiin-
http://www.youtube.com/user/ultimatezeldaplayer

Subscribe

Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:36 am
Champion

TachyonStar wrote:
Hrm. Having once been in this same situation myself...

I say go ahead and tell them IF you think they'd be cool with it. Try not to sound defensive or anything about it (not saying you would, just, that tends to be a huge problem for this kind of thing), just let them know calmly and succinctly and let the chips fall where they may. But again, only IF you think they'd be cool with it.

(Also be glad you don't have any siblings that could spill the beans first. My middle sister (I'm the youngest) told my parents while I was still trying to work up the nerve to do it myself. They were awesome about it and I figured they would be - I'm just the shyest thing ever sometimes - so I wasn't so much concerned about them knowing, but...really? Really? How did she think that was her news to tell? And now that I think of it, how the bloody hell did she find out?)

Good luck on whatever you choose to do, mate. :) And don't let idiocy get in the way of your happiness.

hey thanks man. That means a lot. i think they will be fine with it. My younger brother (Im the oldest) doesnt know either, but he probably will when i tell my parents.. But this means a lot to all of you that have been helping me. Thanks.

Characters:
var00
Cross
Shen
Dovakhiin

Team Dovakhiin-

Subscribe

Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:38 am
Champion

var00 wrote:
Vent wrote:
Var, I think you are way off, keep your feelings to yourself cause nobody cares and really, I don't want to know. If I was your dad I think I would be sickened but that just me.

*edit*
p.s. I think I hate you.

wth vent... really...?

I was mostly joking, that was harsh, but I don't think it really matter what your sexuality is.

Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:43 am
PROSPECTORS!

Vent, I'd say even jokingly that was a teensy bit uncalled for. Might wanna tone it down a bit.

I can't really say much because it seems like it's already been said and I can't quite remember all the advice my human sexuality teacher had. (Unfortunately, I didn't quite pay too much attention to the "advice for people coming out" since I never thought it'd apply to me. Oh well, that's what her reading assignments were for.)

I'm sure you'll be fine. :)

Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:44 pm
Champion

Karma wrote:
Vent, I'd say even jokingly that was a teensy bit uncalled for. Might wanna tone it down a bit.

I can't really say much because it seems like it's already been said and I can't quite remember all the advice my human sexuality teacher had. (Unfortunately, I didn't quite pay too much attention to the "advice for people coming out" since I never thought it'd apply to me. Oh well, that's what her reading assignments were for.)

I'm sure you'll be fine. :)

thank you karma!

Characters:
var00
Cross
Shen
Dovakhiin

Team Dovakhiin-

Subscribe

Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:01 pm
Champion

I'll add to Twitchy's first comment, I think it's not possible for us to give you advice on wether you should tell them or not, I personally think that despite how much you told us about them, we'd never really know the important details that finally tell if they're going to be ok with it or not. To read that is your task (and any person near you who you trust that also knows them well and in person).
However as far as you've told, it seems that you think they will accept it just fine (Y)

As Tachyon said, it's also important how to tell them, even if they have expressed support, i would not throw them the news at once, but prepare them.

As for your younger brother, please contrast this opinion with others, for i'm not at all sure this is right. But I would let your parents decide when and how he is able to know about it. My mother is kind of a gay protector, lol, actually she discriminates gay hater (which I think is as bad as discrimination of homosexuality, however), if you don't like homosexuals, you're not allowed in her home. But still, i wasn't told that MOST of the adults I knew, were gay, until i was like 13-15 yeas old. I mean to say that since your parents rise you (and your brothers) this decition should be theirs.

And one last thing. Thank you for sharing this with us, I'm ever pleased because I too think Eden is a big family and the people here are awesome. And I think that you will find the spaces and the friendships where you'll be able to talk freely about it just as Twitchy said, this will be developing itself in time, it just needs of you that you don't see this as a topic that needs to be hidden.

Good luck

Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:48 pm
Profile WWW
extended rech

Too many tiny details need to be assessed or known by other people to offer advice IMO. I wasn't 100% sure of my sexuality when I told my parents (They were the first people I told), but they were really cool with it and are even cooler now (Going as far as bashing me for having a girlfriend so I can't get pregnant and give mum grandchilden to spoil etc XD)

Though I guess there's a lot more pressure for guys, even if hostility is high it wont remain high for long, in all seriousness. There will always, ALWAYS be a hater or someone in that sort of category using your sexuality as a reason for a negative attitude towards you.
And it's probably easier for me to say at the moment buuuut, you should be happy with what you are, proud even, and just go along with it, get it off your chest, and enjoy what you are without worrying about it lol.

o says (15:58):
*I've been tempted to ban a few people in the past simply because I found them annoying.
"Reason for ban: Because I can't punch you in the face."

Give a girl the right shoes and she will conquer the world.

Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:52 pm
Champion

LOL finally I can tell you Laura that I think you're extremely atractive without offending my gf or Terror'ing you xD

Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:37 am
Profile WWW
Champion

Laura wrote:
Too many tiny details need to be assessed or known by other people to offer advice IMO. I wasn't 100% sure of my sexuality when I told my parents (They were the first people I told), but they were really cool with it and are even cooler now (Going as far as bashing me for having a girlfriend so I can't get pregnant and give mum grandchilden to spoil etc XD)

Though I guess there's a lot more pressure for guys, even if hostility is high it wont remain high for long, in all seriousness. There will always, ALWAYS be a hater or someone in that sort of category using your sexuality as a reason for a negative attitude towards you.
And it's probably easier for me to say at the moment buuuut, you should be happy with what you are, proud even, and just go along with it, get it off your chest, and enjoy what you are without worrying about it lol.

THANKYOU, SOMEONE ELSE WHO UNDERSTANDS!!!!!

Its about time i get a comment like this, true experience. one other guy said the same thing (its like that techystar or whatever sorry dude xD) but laura has a perfect example. I'll tell them this weekend.

Characters:
var00
Cross
Shen
Dovakhiin

Team Dovakhiin-

Subscribe

Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:28 am
PROSPECTORS!

Laura wrote:
There will always, ALWAYS be a hater...

For everything. I've dealt with my fair share of hatred for the dumbest things. If they didn't hate on you for your sexuality, they'd find something else to hate on you for. Never take it personally, they're just jerks.

Mostly posted to quote this and how true it is even beyond sexuality.

Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next