View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Anyone here playing Tomb Raider? 
Master

Post Anyone here playing Tomb Raider?
Ive just started on Tomb Raider guardian of light and wondered if anyone else wants to team up sometime?

Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:30 am
Profile YIM
extended rech

Post Re: Anyone here playing Tomb Raider?
I was going to get it a while ago (After having seen the trailer, however many months ago that was), I guess I forgot about its existence.
So thanks for the reminder, I'll likely look in to acquiring it since the gameplay looked quite different, fun and new.

o says (15:58):
*I've been tempted to ban a few people in the past simply because I found them annoying.
"Reason for ban: Because I can't punch you in the face."

Give a girl the right shoes and she will conquer the world.

Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:54 am
King

Is this the Tomb Raider where Lara looks radically diffearnt to the old models, if so that looked like a good buy.

Fracks LVL 169
Tager LVL 114
Zoro LVL 22

GC: 42001796

Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:26 pm
Master

It's called The Guardian of light. The companies involed in making this version includes Cystal Dynamics, who if I remember rightly created CROC, and also Squre, who created Final Fantasy,Parasite Eve and Vagrant Story among many others.

The game feels a little like Parasite Eve and Vagrant Story, but still has all the usual elements that we love about TR such as climbing on poles, jumping, diving etc. The game is fast, and the first level can be done in ten minutes or less if practised, but I was so in awe of the graphics and didnt want to miss anything that I spent 40 mins on the first level, and have now gone back as I missed some other paths. Basically, if you like TR then get this straight away... I think I got mine from Kickass torrents.

It took a while to install and decompress using something called globe converter but its totally worth it. You can even play 2 player with 2 controllers and 2 people on your pc. I havent tried any online options as yet but im going to check it very soon.

If you ask me, its a refreshing change and its still got the TR feel that we love!

Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:22 am
Profile YIM
Master

It seems I made an error. I cant play online in the game with another person, im not sure if its supposed to be like that or if its something to do with the download i got. I am sure there is supposed to be a steam connection or something like that, and the only option i have for multiplay on TR is the 2 player options where one plugs in 2 controllers to the pc and 2 people play on one pc.

Anyways, got to level 3, and WOW this game kicks ass. The graphics are stunning, the gameplay is fast. It doesnt have as much story as the original games but maybe thats a good thing. Anyway I read somewhere that there is another Tomb Raider in the works... a full version with 3rd person perspective again.

Its definitely worth downloading this game!

Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:13 am
Profile YIM
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]