View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Does anyone here play on the PSU private test server? 
Senior

Post Does anyone here play on the PSU private test server?
*Topic*

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:04 am
豆腐配達

Post Re: Does anyone here play on the PSU private test server?
For the moment its hardly worth it. Due to it being in its early stages.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:47 am
Master

Agreed i tried it ages ago, if its the same one it had ships called ham and egg
nice to rey but needs a lot of work doing .

Still, cant complain I guess at least someone out there is trying to make a free server.

Just curious do you have the link for it, i might even try it again...

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:13 am
Profile YIM
Senior

Yeah. While most of the stuff isn't working, they have a few missions available to play, and they'll allow hacking for the time being.
I'll just be messing with the Knuckles skin.
Here is the link on how to connect: http://psumods.co.uk/forums/comments.ph ... e=1#Item_0

Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:02 pm
豆腐配達

The thing that kind of makes the server pointless at the moment is that the Japanese servers are free also... I guess it'll get there in the end. But for the moment if you want to play for free, sign up on the japanese servers.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:23 pm
The mother judge

The Japanese servers didn't like foreign people on there though, and there's also paid membership (that actually unlocks most of the functions of the game).

That's still the case unless my information is outdated.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:58 pm
Senior

You mean the supplemental Community Course update?
No, PSU is still pay to play, and it isn't even "Free" in the general sense.
The Community Course allows you to play for free ONLY IF you let your License expire first. So I still have to pay for that first month.
Even then, Community Course locks most of the game away from you.
It does not allow you to go to your room, restricts you from certain missions, limits your level, limits your PA levels, and limits your type level, among other things.

Sure it's free, but I have to pay for it to enter, it's in japanese, and it takes core features away from you.

Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:20 pm
豆腐配達

I've never paid for the japanese servers and have an account... even with the limitations its still functional... the test servers however aren't.

Players from USA/Europe seem to think its fine to spam in the lobby. The japanese hate this and will just blacklist you if you are doing this (I also do this on the Xbox). Including talking in english publicly.

Unfortunately we're all tarred with the same brush of being spamming and "cheating" players. So as a result they don't want anything to do with us. (I don't blame them either).

I have no problem playing games in Japanese either. Most of the items/menus are in Katakana which doesn't take long to learn. Hiragana doesn't either. Kanji however I don't know at all. But there's enough english speaking players to play with for it not to be a problem.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:32 am
Master

Yes I know a very tiny amount of Japanese too, and Kanji is tough as it is mixed with Chinese words too. Saying that, Considering the extremely large market of people from other countries I think the Japanese would be wrong to push other people out.
Imagine if only one in ten people from other countries made a donation here and there! I am sure they would like us a lot better then ?

With PSO Blue Burst you can use symbol chat and pre-defined constructed sentences to communicate with people that do not understand your language which is really cool,
and I was wondering if they had something similar on the PSU servers ?

I am guessing that whoever makes these private servers is a great fan of the game and would probably want as many people as possible to join.
If what you say is true then that makes the impression that Japanese people are ignorant stuck up gits, and from my personal experience that is not the case.

Every Japanese person I have met has always been extremely polite and respectful.
I would like to think that the Japanese are tolerant of other languages and do not treat us as "baddies", however since I have never tried any of the Japanese servers, I really have no place to judge.

The private server is ok but it needs a lot of work, PS thanks"Code One" for the link there, it saved me having to search all over again!

And also just in case anyone wants to try this, I have the link for the Jap download, and yes it helps if you have google translate installed. Basically you have to download 4 files some over 2gb and then put them all into one folder.

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/download ... pdownload/

I hope this helps... mind you I like Blue Burst so much, I can't really see myself spending much time anywhere else really !

And does everyone remember that crappy PETE mag .... talk about a pain in the ARSE LOL

Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:58 am
Profile YIM
豆腐配達

If you play the game normally I doubt you'll have any problems. I have never had any issues although read that some games have no gaijins allowed in the description (not seen it myself). Its the players that spam "Give me 1million meseta please!" that will be black listed by others.

Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:41 am
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next