View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
About Steam 
Champion

Post About Steam
I'm deciding whether to start using steam. My only question is how does it work. If I buy a game its stored on my computer and if my account were to some how be deleted or banned I still have the games on my computer to access. Basically I don't want to buy games off them and lose the games or data of the games if I were to get banned. Jut not opened to wasting money though I am lazy and rarely go into town.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:25 pm
Champion

Post Re: About Steam
I forbid you to do it.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:07 pm
King

Jesus dood, start using Steam. It's well set up, and easy to navigate. And if you're banned, you lose your games. HOWEVER, you can get them back by contacting steam support. I can post the email I got telling how to get them back.

Steam Support wrote:
Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

In order to investigate this issue, we must verify your ownership of the software and associated Steam Account(s).

If you purchased software through Steam with a credit card, please confirm the card type (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express), full name, expiration date, and last four digits of the card used with the order(s).

If you purchased software through Steam through PayPal, please provide the PayPal account holder billing information (name and address) and the PayPal Invoice ID. The Invoice ID will be 16-18 digits long and comprised of only numbers. It may be listed as the Order Description Number.

If you registered software purchased at a retail location, please handwrite your Support Ticket Number xxxx-xxxx-xxxx on the quick reference card or sticker above the CD Key (the number should not be written on a separate piece of paper or inserted with an image editor) and reply with a digital photo or scan of the CD Key in .jpg format. Please ensure that you submit a full-color image, rather than a photocopy.

If you have any difficulty locating the CD Key on the packaging, please see the following link:
URL: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_arti ... -WUSF-3601

Example scans:
http://support.steampowered.com/images/ ... cdkey1.jpg
http://support.steampowered.com/images/ ... cdkey2.jpg

After verifying your proof of ownership we will gladly assist you with this issue.

Getting them back isn't too hard. So get a friggin' steam account, and hit me up at: MurphyPendleton

Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:14 pm
Champion

Well Raidou my only problem with this is if I get my account stolen by malware I don't want the games to have a chance of being taken from me after I pay for them. If I can buy the games from the store and still use steam then I'll like that option. Just so I still have the game incase. Just like any online company they don't have to give you your things back.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:24 pm
King

If I recall, gab got his account stolen by a hacker. Somehow he got it back, but you'll have to ask him about it.

Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]