View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Feedback plz? :3 
King

Post Feedback plz? :3

Or @ da http://dacamara.deviantart.com/#/d2vhxca

Unfinished walk animation
http://dacamara.deviantart.com/#/d2vbwnk

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:15 am
Nobody did what? T.T

Post Re: Feedback plz? :3
First off, the concept is pretty cool. I've not ever been good at drawing human figures, but here are a few things that I have noticed:

- The hat appears to move as the character runs, although the head appears to remain still. Either keeping the hat the same or having more bob to the head may improve the flow of the actual animation.

- The way the character is leaning makes it feel as if it is running downwards slightly - I do not know if that is intentional or not. It doesn't detract anything from the drawing, but if you intend to add a background to the piece, it's something to keep in mind.

- The hair doesn't appear as if it is being affected by wind as the figure is running. Making the hair flow as if it was affected by wind could be a reason I found the flow of the head off.

Hope this helps!

Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:41 am
Global moderator

Really cool Raven. ^^

Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:58 am
King

Quote:
st off, the concept is pretty cool. I've not ever been good at drawing human figures, but here are a few things that I have noticed:

- The hat appears to move as the character runs, although the head appears to remain still. Either keeping the hat the same or having more bob to the head may improve the flow of the actual animation.

- The way the character is leaning makes it feel as if it is running downwards slightly - I do not know if that is intentional or not. It doesn't detract anything from the drawing, but if you intend to add a background to the piece, it's something to keep in mind.

- The hair doesn't appear as if it is being affected by wind as the figure is running. Making the hair flow as if it was affected by wind could be a reason I found the flow of the head off.

Hope this helps!

Yeah hair is quite solid, although i made some parts move it ended looking weird, i guess i should remake the entire hair animation, also the size (final versions will probably go at 1280x720 and downscale for phone) make it less visible....i'll give it a run if it looks bad i can revert it back.

Also thanks!

Moar!

Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:21 pm
PROSPECTORS!

In the first picture you posted it looks like something's in her eye. XD

Other than that, character design itself looks great.

I agree with No one in saying that the running animation doesn't quite feel right. Not sure if it's the head or the torso that's doing it for me, though.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:48 pm
Champion

Yea personally I think you should move the head a bit backward but not too much, other than that, it looks awesome!

Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:35 pm
King

Quote:
In the first picture you posted it looks like something's in her eye. XD

Actually no eye made on that one (last one does though).

Quote:
Yea personally I think you should move the head a bit backward but not too much, other than that, it looks awesome!

You mean the entire head like the second or third here?

Sorry for the white xD

This one was a bit more recent (yesterday or so), the back (growing line) was fixed, and well turbo mode! (except on safari wtf) yet no changes from today ( i was adoing the colour tests) will try to make some changes tomorrow or thursday.

Also i think the big size makes the flaws more easy to see

Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:35 pm
God

Lookin good raven.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:34 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]